Gallagher

Ron Burgundy

First Team
Honestly think he is playing his best football for us since he has been at the club, he was very good in our promotion season under Grayson but I think for the last couple of months especially with the injury crisis he has really stepped up to the plate.

Set pieces are delicious, rarely loses the ball, makes us tick and can unlock the opposition.

I think he easily has at least another 2 seasons in him after this one with us.

If he isn't made part of the backroom staff when he decides to hang his boots up, we riot.

sf

Manager
All of the above and I think he's actually pretty competent defensively these days too, his positioning is always good and he makes some good interceptions. It's not a strong point of his but I think he's reliable on that front, whereas I used to think he could be a liability when he first made the transition to midfield.

Having Potts in the side which allows him to move out wide on occasion gives us another dimension as well.

Ron Burgundy

First Team
All of the above and I think he's actually pretty competent defensively these days too, his positioning is always good and he makes some good interceptions. It's not a strong point of his but I think he's reliable on that front, whereas I used to think he could be a liability when he first made the transition to midfield.

Having Potts in the side which allows him to move out wide on occasion gives us another dimension as well.
Don't think teams can handle that, Gally is a bit like Beckham was when he is out-wide he doesn't need to beat his man to get a great ball in.

neon cortex

Youth Team
Honestly think he is playing his best football for us since he has been at the club, he was very good in our promotion season under Grayson but I think for the last couple of months especially with the injury crisis he has really stepped up to the plate.

Set pieces are delicious, rarely loses the ball, makes us tick and can unlock the opposition.

I think he easily has at least another 2 seasons in him after this one with us.

If he isn't made part of the backroom staff when he decides to hang his boots up, we riot.
Absolutely spot on,he also seems to be enjoying himself,what a great example to any young footballer.

Preston1880

Forum Patron
Patron
He's reached genuine legendary status, for me.

Can't speak highly enough of him.

Just an all round awesome guy.

diggerb

First Team
We all see things differently and i know i will be slated for this, while no argument with most of the points, i have to disagree about his set piece delivery, his corners rarely pass the first defender and his free kicks generally are poor. The stats may prove me wrong as i dont know them. Considering he has been virtually ever present this season and he takes all corners and free kicks when he is on the pitch,how many assists has he ?

paddysr

Staff member
Patron
We all see things differently and i know i will be slated for this, while no argument with most of the points, i have to disagree about his set piece delivery, his corners rarely pass the first defender and his free kicks generally are poor. The stats may prove me wrong as i dont know them. Considering he has been virtually ever present this season and he takes all corners and free kicks when he is on the pitch,how many assists has he ?
Pretty much all of his corners go to the back post where Browne and Davies are running in and I think he has scored directly from 2 or 3 free-kick this season.

Reactions: sf

baldnobber

Reserve
I agree with this. Maybe one in ten of his dead balls are absolutely devastating...the rest range from average to poor imo. Certainly not of the 'Premier league' quality he posesses (rammed down our throats by commentators at every opportunity).
While he has been excellent this year and is quite rightly starting every week I'd like to a bit of variety from our set plays.

Madferret

First Team
Never a pace player Gally has found his niche and fills it superbly. Positional awareness is outstanding and his passing easily the best in the side. I am hopeful that he has at least one more season in him and that he will be taken on into the coaching set up as his experience would be a real asset.

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
I agree with this. Maybe one in ten of his dead balls are absolutely devastating...the rest range from average to poor imo. Certainly not of the 'Premier league' quality he posesses (rammed down our throats by commentators at every opportunity).
While he has been excellent this year and is quite rightly starting every week I'd like to a bit of variety from our set plays.
I think Browne knocked in a couple of decent corners against Derby.

Barry Ramsay

Reserve
Totally agree with everything said. I was thinking after the Bolton game how well he played. It was nothing to do with Bolton being poor.

kingpne

First Team
Pretty much all of his corners go to the back post where Browne and Davies are running in and I think he has scored directly from 2 or 3 free-kick this season.
His set pieces are unbelievable. You only have to look at the Derby game - he whipped in four in the first half from which we, on another day, could've scored.

Folk seem to be taking him for granted, he probably has the best delivery in the entire division.

Euxtonboy

Reserve
The main thing I have noticed from Gally this year is that he is prepared to track back more plus is more likely now to 'put a foot in'. Maybe last year he backed off as he was protecting his injuries that appear to be sorted now

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
Between him and Browne for poty. Delighted he’s signed for a further year. I for one thought he’d be a bit part player this season, and perhaps without the injuries he would have been, but there’s no doubt he stepped up when we needed him most. His experience must be valuable in what is a fairly young dressing room.

spender

First Team
been awesome especially when the in jury crisis set in, love it when he is Captain but it does take teh edge of his game at times. Would be great if he did his badges and remained at the club as a coach then manager.