PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Game of Thrones

Yeah, quite a while. The white walkers didn't think to throw a spear at them in all that time? And they didn't freeze to death?

The story can be picked apart this week. Still can't wait for the next one though!

They burnt the body of Thoros of Myr which will have provided some warmth. The impression I got was that they were stranded for 2 days which, given their layers as Rangers / Wildlings would wear, survival for that period was more than plausible.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/gam...beyond-the-wall-timeline-director-1202534403/

After the episode aired, fans vented frustrations online that Gendry running back to Eastwatch, sending a raven to Daenerys, and Daenerys arriving to save the day with her dragons all happened far too quickly. Alan Taylor, who directed “Beyond the Wall,” explained how the production team approached the timeline during filming.

“We were aware that timing was getting a little hazy,” Taylor told Variety. “We’ve got Gendry running back, ravens flying a certain distance, dragons having to fly back a certain distance…In terms of the emotional experience, [Jon and company] sort of spent one dark night on the island in terms of storytelling moments. We tried to hedge it a little bit with the eternal twilight up there north of The Wall. I think there was some effort to fudge the timeline a little bit by not declaring exactly how long we were there. I think that worked for some people, for other people it didn’t. They seemed to be very concerned about how fast a raven can fly but there’s a thing called plausible impossibilities, which is what you try to achieve, rather than impossible plausibilities. So I think we were straining plausibility a little bit, but I hope the story’s momentum carries over some of that stuff.”

“It’s cool that the show is so important to so many people that it’s being scrutinized so thoroughly,” he continued. “If the show was struggling, I’d be worried about those concerns, but the show seems to be doing pretty well so it’s OK to have people with those concerns.”

Yep, got to be honest and say that ep was pretty poor. IN fact this series has been rushed and the acting between Jon and Daenerys is woeful. The CGI is pretty naff and plot loopholes are all over the place capitalised by the biggest chain in the whole of Westeros just lying around very handily for zombies.

Jon is not really into planning anything either, what was the plan? Walk up to a marching army of zombies and casually walking away with one. That was up there with his battle strategy in Battle of the Bastards.

I have enjoyed GOT but it has gradually got worse as it got bigger and I fear for the last series.

I have thought for a few months that Bran will end up sat on The Iron Throne, he is even sat now on a wooden throne like seat in Winterfell.

Anyway, this theory I think has legs and is very very plausible....remember that GRRM said that the show won't have a happy ending, infact it will be bittersweet.

This is just a theory, not factual (yet).

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...stark-night-king-white-walker-theory-season-7

I have thought for a few months that Bran will end up sat on The Iron Throne, he is even sat now on a wooden throne like seat in Winterfell.

Anyway, this theory I think has legs and is very very plausible....remember that GRRM said that the show won't have a happy ending, infact it will be bittersweet.

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...stark-night-king-white-walker-theory-season-7

Yeah, read something similar myself. This puts forward a theory behind the events of the last episode that I was questioning:

https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment...fying-than-anything-in-game-of-thrones-138883

Oh hello.

Someone who about 800 pages earlier "didn't get it".

Another "Welcome Aboard" message to you cha. You know that I am usually right!:D:D

Yep JD!

The first season I give First few episodes a go and wasn't that keen. Everyone kept telling me to stick with it though and I was hooked! Just about to put on last nights now! ;)

Last episode was a bit meh.

Bad acting and bad writing. It's all been a big rush.

Bit at the end was okay.

It wasn't that bloody apart from Arya's nice bit of filleting.

Haha, spoiler alert inbound...

Kind of glad it happened tbh. I used to enjoy watching Baelish moving around Westeros scheming and causing trouble, but he'd become pretty boring this series. Just sat in Winterfell courting a girl like a creep.

Looking back at all his actions over the last 7 series, they are so confused and it's hard to see what his motives really were.

I think it was easy to tell that this was going to happen when Bran said "chaos is a ladder" to him a few episodes earlier.

That was a seriously good episode.
Next season is going to be intense !

I'm really not happy at the fact there is only 6/7 episodes left, that is truly upsetting, they could have easily spun this out for 10 series with the amount of content in the books!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That was a seriously good episode.
Next season is going to be intense !

I'm really not happy at the fact there is only 6/7 episodes left, that is truly upsetting, they could have easily spun this out for 10 series with the amount of content in the books!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There may be more to come than you think, apparently there's gong to be some feature length episodes in the last series.

There are a few 'breadcrumbs' as you go through the books and TV series even from series 1 to suggest that could be the case.

From the top of my head

'Allow one wolf to survive and all the sheep are not safe'

'Even sickly boys can become the most powerful of men'

Also the night king dresses like him and has changed to look like him in this series.

Thought the last episode of the series was absolutely brilliant.

Perfectly paced, full of tension, lots of little things tied up and then a huge set piece at the end.

I don't know if I can wait two years for more!

Some questions after the finale (spoilers alert).

What will Jon/Daenerys do when the discover the awkward truth?

Will Daenerys agree that it should be Jon, the rightful heir, who attempts to take the throne?

Will Jaime (and Bronn) head up North to reunite permanently with Tyrion?

Will Samwell be arsed when Jon/Daenerys turn up at Winterfell and she says she burned his dad/brother alive? I know he hated them but will he be happy to be on her 'side'?

Just how can Theon get Yara back off Euron and his fleet?

Some questions after the finale (spoilers alert).

What will Jon/Daenerys do when the discover the awkward truth?

Will Daenerys agree that it should be Jon, the rightful heir, who attempts to take the throne?

Will Jaime (and Bronn) head up North to reunite permanently with Tyrion?

Will Samwell be arsed when Jon/Daenerys turn up at Winterfell and she says she burned his dad/brother alive? I know he hated them but will he be happy to be on her 'side'?

Just how can Theon get Yara back off Euron and his fleet?

I think Jon will either pass up the opportunity to sit on the throne (remember he didn't want to become "King in the North", it was thrust upon him) or they will rule, if they are successful in battle, jointly as King and Queen as Targaryens can marry within their own family although I concede that culturally, it might seem a difficult thing for Jon, raised as a Stark, to comprehend.

I think Sam, with stealing the family sword, is past beyond caring for the males in his family. The females, however, are still close to him.

I think Theon will save Yara but ultimately die doing so, the full circle of redemption.

Then Yara will avenge Theon with the death of Euron.

The Hound will fight his brother and just as The Mountain is about to deliver the fatal blow, Arya will appear and take The Mountain down saving The Hound. With this, she'll spare him from her Death List given that she left him once to die and also that they are now on Jon's team together.

These are just my own opinions.

Other theories suggest that Jaime will kill his sister, The Queen Cersei.

I really really hope that Daenerys / Drogon face off mid air against The Night King / Viserion. Now, this would be a fucking epic battle, the real Ice v Fire.