Game of Thrones

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
A word of advice because it is very very dark. Turn up your Brightness and turn off your lights. That is the online advice given. I need to watch it again after adjusting the Brightness levels.

northender2

Manager
A word of advice because it is very very dark. Turn up your Brightness and turn off your lights. That is the online advice given. I need to watch it again after adjusting the Brightness levels.
think i might have to re-watch it with the brightness turned up!

***SPOILER ALERT BELOW***
slightly disappointed the big battle which has been built up so much over the last 7 series is over in 1 episode, was expecting this to take at least 2 or 3 episodes to resolve, seemed far too easy

slightly disappointed the big battle which has been built up so much over the last 7 series is over in 1 episode, was expecting this to take at least 2 or 3 episodes to resolve, seemed far too easy

Having said that, it's still the longest battle sequence in screen history. Battle of Helms Deep was 44 mins and this was well over an hour.

Preston1880

Forum Patron
Patron

Yeah I know what you mean. It's all one-way traffic, then it's suddenly over. I kinda wanted the pendulum to start swinging back the other way for a while first, before the victory....but it definitely still works superbly how it eventually works out.

When the Red Woman lights the Dothraki swords, and they charge off into the pitch black......man I was on the edge of my seat. We all know what happens next though, lol. ?

Fantastic episode.

Preston1880

Forum Patron
Patron
I actually like how it's very dark, too. Adds to the sense of 'fear of the unknown'

It's hard to properly make out the WW, but you sure as hell know they're there by the sounds they make, and glimpses you get as they sprint past the camera.

Henrys Cat

Forum Patron
Patron
I found myself wishing it would get a move on a bit. 70 mins of total annihilation and then over with one thrust. I couldn’t see a way out to be honest and never imagined that. I love Game of Thrones but didn’t particularly enjoy this episode.

chorleythehord

Forum Patron
Patron
Highlight of this episode was the music. Lots of action and great effects but not enough plot for me tonight. It left nothing hanging over until next week so the sense of anticipation has gone somewhat. Probably the explanation of The Night King and Brans weird warging ( I thought at one stage he was warging in to the night king) will come later but this episode would have been better for taking this story on a bit rather than just seemingly ending it.

Mancunian White

Glaswegian now actually
Patron
Honestly one of the worst episodes of the show in my opinion. Poor pacing, dreadful lighting at times, decisions made by the protagonists made no sense and the big villain that been hyped for 8 seasons now killed by a character who's story arc has nothing to do with him.

Mothership cliché? Shouldn't have gotten past the first draft of the script.

Now we're left with nothing at stake, no tension as to who will win because let's be honest, cersei is dead and who cares between Jon and Daenerys?

The beauty of the show was that in a big battle you'd want both sides to win deep down. Remember when Stannis attacked Kings Landing? You wanted him to win but also cheered on Tyrion. Now we have hated Queen cersei, the completely bland and unlikeable Euron and 20,000 nameless mercenaries who rocked up 2 weeks ago fighting all our favourites who have conveniently ended up on the same side.

No tension, nothing at stake, no real threat. Just the lord of the rings with tits and blood.

Music was pretty decent though.

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
So with THAT controversial ending, what are you thoughts?

8 Series for that ending? I really hope that there is a severe sting in the tail. Remember that anything The Night King touches... He couldn't have could he???

I watched it again this morning with my Brightness upped from 70 to 100 and it is a whole lot better an experience.

The ending made more sense the 2nd time around. It was foreshadowed that Arya would be the one. Many clues although I agree that since the book material ran out, the show seems to have diverted in some areas and the writing style (on screen if you get me) is so obviously not the hand of GRRM.

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
Walking Dead is one of the worst shows on TV currently. (I've watched every episode since day 1). Absolute dreck these days and has been for a few years. Cant wait till it gets binned off.
At least GoT has an endgame.

TWD producers said on The Talking Dead that there is at least another 10 years of this to come.

Same old, same old but I'm too far gone, like you I suspect, to give up now, as inept as it is at times