What's new
PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Game of Thrones

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Staff member
Patron
Rewatching it all again currently, dreading the last season but the first 7 are just so good.

Wish he’d hurry the fuck up with the books though, it’s been so so long.
Are you spotting subtle things this time around that you missed the 1st time?

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Staff member
Patron

cpnend

Advisor to the Owner
He keeps on saying that ‘his’ ending will be different. I sincerely hope he’s put his plot line into escrow so that someone else can finish it for him because I’ve no faith that he will. 5 books in something like 15 yrs then none in 11. I feel conned.

Arabella

First Team
I think his incentive has gone now that the stories been told for him, albeit with his input.
Completely agree with this - for me the show was on a gradual decline pretty much from when it got ahead of the books. The first 4/5 seasons were incredible, followed by a few great standout moments & couple of episodes, but the less said about the last season & in particular the last half of that season the better.

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
Completely agree with this - for me the show was on a gradual decline pretty much from when it got ahead of the books. The first 4/5 seasons were incredible, followed by a few great standout moments & couple of episodes, but the less said about the last season & in particular the last half of that season the better.
The last series was rushed and could easily have been 3 or 4 episodes longer. Such a shame to spoil one of the best TV shows ever.

Arabella

First Team
One of the greatest scenes ever witnessed on TV.

I remember watching this over & over in the days (& weeks) after.

Fantastic scene, but for me the standout moments are Jon's stunned, exhausted & almost muted reaction at 3:13 when he realises what he's just done - something I don't even think he believed possible, but the reaction is very believable. And secondly the bit from 4:05 as those dead kids just stand and wait and WAIT - only about 10 seconds but I'm sure long enough to feel like 10 days of being overcome with pure fear for that wilding woman, which wouldn't have been the case if they'd all just rushed in as we generally see all the time in these sort of situations.

Arabella

First Team
The last series was rushed and could easily have been 3 or 4 episodes longer. Such a shame to spoil one of the best TV shows ever.
I think it could've even been longer than that - a whole season building up to The Long Night which could've been an epic 2-part finale, then the final season starts with the aftermath of that but progresses to the ending we did ultimately get which would make a hell of lot more sense having seen WHY certain characters behaved in certain ways rather than it just looking like snap decisions. That was the beauty of the early seasons, everything had consequences.

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
I think it could've even been longer than that - a whole season building up to The Long Night which could've been an epic 2-part finale, then the final season starts with the aftermath of that but progresses to the ending we did ultimately get which would make a hell of lot more sense having seen WHY certain characters behaved in certain ways rather than it just looking like snap decisions. That was the beauty of the early seasons, everything had consequences.
Yep, there was a whole series missing in the end.

Sepp Blatter

Ursula Fanboy
Patron
I couldn't have done that, I had to know the ending. Especially as I'd invested so much time in it.

Do you actually know how it finished?
We meant to watch it but never got around to it - thought that it was an awful series. Eventually, we looked up how it ended.

Did the same with the final series of Dexter!

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
We meant to watch it but never got around to it - thought that it was an awful series. Eventually, we looked up how it ended.

Did the same with the final series of Dexter!

It was disappointing but I think awful is a bit strong, it was watchable but not up to the standards I'd come to expect from GoT.

I didn't want to bother with the last series of Dexter but Mrs LiS was insistent. She now wishes she hadn't bothered!