PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Game of Thrones

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Staff member
Patron
I wrote this on another forum, not sure why my CnP has come out as a quote.
THAT final scene where both parties have their eyes locked onto each other, one locked in "you've just unleashed wrath dominance" whilst the other was locked in "Gulp, what have I / We just done fear".

Cannot wait for the final episode of S1 this coming weekend, shit just got real.

The last 3 episodes have more than made up for the slow burning - but crucial in laying out the back drop - start.

I wrote this on another forum, not sure why my CnP has come out as a quote.
I thought that scene was probably the worst in the show so far. The episode itself wasn't amazing either. The whole Cole and Aemond plotline felt very season 5 Dorne-y to me, wasn't a fan.

THAT scene just felt like the producers wanted to wedge in some big shock moment. None of it made sense to me, Rhaenys' could've ended the whole affair then and there, or just escaped, but instead decided to murder a few dozen peasants and have a staring contest.

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
I thought that scene was probably the worst in the show so far. The episode itself wasn't amazing either. The whole Cole and Aemond plotline felt very season 5 Dorne-y to me, wasn't a fan.

THAT scene just felt like the producers wanted to wedge in some big shock moment. None of it made sense to me, Rhaenys' could've ended the whole affair then and there, or just escaped, but instead decided to murder a few dozen peasants and have a staring contest.
By facing them atop her Dragon, after being imprisoned, it was both a show of her power and also a reminder that even those close to Alicent can go against her wishes.

She had family in front of her, too. I'm guessing she was wanting to leave, after making her point to all and sundry, the decision of whether to start a rebellion against Aegon and Alicent with Rhaenyra.

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
That ending. Wow.
Another "wish I hadn't done that" look.

Wrong move.

Thinking ahead of one's actions isn't their strongest point.

S2 E1 is going to be tremendous when it finally arrives in 23 or 24.

Also, is it just me excited that The Starks have finally been name checked?

Another "wish I hadn't done that" look.

Wrong move.

Thinking ahead of one's actions isn't their strongest point.

S2 E1 is going to be tremendous when it finally arrives in 23 or 24.

Also, is it just me excited that The Starks have finally been name checked?
I loved that look. In the books, there's no implication that it was anything but cold blooded murder from Aemond. Having it be essentially an accident really shows how pointless this war was, and how easily it could've been avoided. Proves Viserys right about all he said about dragons, the Targeryan control over them being an illusion, and that men should never have held that power.

Went into this show not really giving a shit after GoT. Now more excited for season 2 than I've been for any TV in years.

Excited to see Cregan Stark too. There's a lot of mystery surrounding him in the book, so will be great to actually meet him.

justinr73

Patron
Had a free day today so I watched it.

Bit disappointed really. Very few likeable characters, unlike GOT.

The actress who played Alicent is decent - she was good in Bates Motel. The young princess was better than the older one.

Have never liked Matt Smith since I saw him in an awful play in London ‘before he was famous’. There was a scene in which he was supposedly pissing himself in bed that will stay with me forever.

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
Had a free day today so I watched it.

Bit disappointed really. Very few likeable characters, unlike GOT.

The actress who played Alicent is decent - she was good in Bates Motel. The young princess was better than the older one.

Have never liked Matt Smith since I saw him in an awful play in London ‘before he was famous’. There was a scene in which he was supposedly pissing himself in bed that will stay with me forever.
I wasn’t sure for the first episode or two but it gets a lot better. Not GOT standard but excellent viewing none the less.