PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Game of Thrones

I’m still hoping there is explanation to come for all this Night King and Bran weirdness. My own theory for some time has been that the NK is a Targaryen which would explain why he didn’t burn.
Ahhh but in the flashback to when Leaf pierced him with Dragonglass to create a WW out of man, ironically to protect The Children of The Forest from the men, he was just an ordinary looking bloke. No traces of blonde Targaryen hair (yes, I know Jon is dark but he is mixed bloodline) on display. I still think he is a random Stark from a 1000 years earlier.

He was a proper menacing cunt that Night King. His emotionless face and the methodical purposeful way he went about things.

Awesome when he's blasted by the dragon, and he's just crouched, unharmed with a little grin on.

Bit shit that he got tucked in so easily in the end.

Gone exactly the same as the hobbit
A relatively decent storyline padded out with a huge amount of CGI
I hate CGI
I get it
The goodies are facing the badys but why must we have such long repetitive scenes
Extremely disappointed to be honest
As I am in line of duty
The Acting is shambolic and spitting out umpteen acronyms per minute does not for good viewing make
But somewhere in there is a good storyline

Has anybody got an explanation as to why the dragon fire didn’t kill the Night King?

I watched an extended torrent, with the writers discussing the episode at the end.

They basically said, there's been no reason to believe that he'd be harmed by fire, and also no reason to believe that he'd be unharmed by it either.

Bit weak, but valid I suppose.

Ahhh but in the flashback to when Leaf pierced him with Dragonglass to create a WW out of man, ironically to protect The Children of The Forest from the men, he was just an ordinary looking bloke. No traces of blonde Targaryen hair (yes, I know Jon is dark but he is mixed bloodline) on display. I still think he is a random Stark from a 1000 years earlier.
Anorak

I think Episode 3 has taken a bit of a pasting, which I’m sure the producers hadn’t anticipated. I’m a fan but I’ve been disappointed in all 3 episodes of Series 8 so far. The fact that people have been saying “turn up the brightness” pretty much equates to, they got it completely wrong. 1hour 45 mins in Darkness with pretty much no dialogue was a bit of a drag. So many unanswered questions. They’ve a lot to explain in the final 3 shows.

I think Episode 3 has taken a bit of a pasting, which I’m sure the producers hadn’t anticipated. I’m a fan but I’ve been disappointed in all 3 episodes of Series 8 so far. The fact that people have been saying “turn up the brightness” pretty much equates to, they got it completely wrong. 1hour 45 mins in Darkness with pretty much no dialogue was a bit of a drag. So many unanswered questions. They’ve a lot to explain in the final 3 shows.
Spot on
what on earth were John and Doris doing faffing around on the dragons ?

Mixed feelings about that third episode.

*Spoilers*

The Night King's death was underwhelming, a 1,000 years boiled down to this attack and he falls for an obvious trap and gets killed with one stab. Why was he so keen on hunting down Bran anyway, what real threat did he pose? Could have left him to starve in the woods and wiped everyone out.

It was very good from an action point of view and I enjoyed it but it was a let down in terms of the story.

Now it's basically:
More back story on how the Night King, surely??
How does Cersei die? and who gets the throne
Where are they getting an army from to beat the Golden Company?
Is Theon actually dead? got to be a big battle at sea to kill Euron.
Does Bron try to kill Tyrion or Jamie?
...and the most important thing in the entire show.... The Hound faces off against the Mountain.

Well, one or two perceptions of fan favourites have changed today! You'll see tonight if you haven't already viewed it.

Walking Dead is one of the worst shows on TV currently. (I've watched every episode since day 1). Absolute dreck these days and has been for a few years. Cant wait till it gets binned off.

Game of Thrones is sensational and Walking Dead doesn't come close.

But I will defend it a little bit and say that this season of the Walking Dead has been the best it's been since about season 6.

Yet another disappointing episode that made nonsensical plot decisions for the sake of shock value. I'm all for suspension of disbelief but it's starting to take the piss now. The show hasn't been brilliant since season 4, and has been downright insulting since season 7.

Yet another disappointing episode that made nonsensical plot decisions for the sake of shock value. I'm all for suspension of disbelief but it's starting to take the piss now. The show hasn't been brilliant since season 4, and has been downright insulting since season 7.

I think this has been the best season so far.

I think this has been the best season so far.
I can see why, but to me it's a completely different show now, deviating from what I liked about it. The budget has gone up, the set pieces and the action have got bigger and better and the drama is still there but I miss the old intricate storylines, dialogue and character driven plot and politics.

The show peaked in season 2 and 3 imo

Some questions about the 4th episode.

Spoilers coming up.

As I alluded to earlier, why is Jaime heading back South? To fight for or against Cersei?

Tyrion mentioned Cersei’s pregnancy at the end, Euron must be wondering how he knows. What will Euron do if he finds out it’s Jaime’s child, not his as Cersei told him?

How does Varys plan to install Jon as King and push Daenerys to one side? In S7E2, Daenerys says she’ll burn Varys alive if he betrays her, so I presume that’s what will happen if she finds out he’s plotting behind her back.

I’m guessing that The Hound and Arya are heading South to kill The Mountain?

I reckon Yara suddenly appear with some ships and try to take out Euron.

This episode improved as it went along. At least now they’re heading South it should be filmed in the daylight. I’m disliking Daenerys more and more as the series develops. I can still see Arya somehow sitting on the Iron throne.