Garner

One of our own

Youth Team
Garner has been none-existent for the past 4-5 games if I'm being honest. He's just lucky that people around him have been putting in a shift, and it's been overshadowing his lack of performances. He just doesn't seem to want to be as involved as he used to. Although yesterday he may have been trying too hard to get involved. Think he needs resting. Would start Davies on Tuesday with Beckford, and bring Garner back hungry to prove a point (again) against Port Vale... and we all know how much he loves Port Vale...

Think this is a little harsh. He just hasn't been scoring as regularly as he was yet still contributing vastly...

ernest

Advisor to the Owner
He has had to play both striking roles when up top on his own or when with Davies we have one striker to score. Due to this I think we currently have our best strike force and Beckford can actually score and Garner will....

Garner with Beckford is better than Garner by himself but perhaps not as good - at least as far as Garner is concerned -as Garner with Kevin Davies.

Just watched the goals back. Our defending for their goal was horrific but who really upset me was Joe Garner.

Rather than try and head the ball clear, he throws himself unnecessarily, and unconvincingly to the ground. Inexcusable. Kind of cements my opinion that he had a poor game on Saturday.

https://youtu.be/Q9yTxlNIrqk

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
I didn't really notice on Saturday how much ground Gallagher made up to get into the position he was in for the shanked shot that led to the goal. He squared it to Humphrey and read the situation very well to be in exactly the right position for the header that Garner won superbly.

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
Just watched the goals back. Our defending for their goal was horrific but who really upset me was Joe Garner.

Rather than try and head the ball clear, he throws himself unnecessarily, and unconvincingly to the ground. Inexcusable. Kind of cements my opinion that he had a poor game on Saturday.

https://youtu.be/Q9yTxlNIrqk
And yet the clodhopper who boofed the ball up in the air instead of clearing, then lost the eventual goalscorer through his customary ball-watching, got 7/10 "had a solid game" from you. :rolleyes:

And yet the clodhopper who boofed the ball up in the air instead of clearing, then lost the eventual goalscorer through his customary ball-watching, got 7/10 "had a solid game" from you. :rolleyes:

Okay I get it pal - you've an agenda against King. But yes, he did have a solid game. No question there, your only evidence is that he failed to clear the ball on one occasion, which is a damn sight better than anyone else in the penalty area - who did nothing.

Clarke didn't push Garner - do not be so childish.

One of our own

Youth Team
Okay I get it pal - you've an agenda against King. But yes, he did have a solid game. No question there, your only evidence is that he failed to clear the ball on one occasion, which is a damn sight better than anyone else in the penalty area - who did nothing.

It was a poor goal to concede but looking back over the game a draw was a fair result...

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron

I didn't say Clarke pushed anyone, you numpty.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
I said it and he does, you can clearly see it.

I agree that clarke puts his hand into the middle of his back, and we can't judge how hard he got pushed.

But it looks to me like his instinct is to go down like a sack of spuds, instead of fighting for the ball.

... EDIT... To be fair, it's possible Clarke nudged him and also gave him a clear call to get out of the way - in which case collapsing like that was actually the right thing to do.

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
King's "clearance" is shocking and Clarke is way out of position and leaves 6ft 5in Aden Flint all alone in the box. Those two are the ones at fault. Not Garner or Johnstone(as someone on Twitter suggested).