Gatwick Drone

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
so much for the UKs fantastic security when a couple of drones can bring an airport down for over 12 hours!

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
PNEESSEX;n3413231 said:
Apparently they can't shoot it down because they are worried about what happens to the stray bullets

whoever is doing this needs banging up

I wonder if they'll be charged with terrorism offences like the protestors with the tripod?....... In many ways this is far more dangerous but wasn't a " protest" so unlikely.

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
Strongbow;n3413252 said:
'Stray Bullets' though the Police force employed 'marksmen' ?
You would have thought that there was some way to bring one down without using a hail of misdirected bullets. I thought they could electronically block these things

Strongbow

First Team
PNEESSEX;n3413253 said:
You would have thought that there was some way to bring one down without using a hail of misdirected bullets. I thought they could electronically block these things
In fairness the calibre of Police officer these days is akin to what you watched in the Police Academy films in the 80's so stray bullets may well be an issue.

Bhagwan H

Forum Patron
Patron
Planes should be fitted with cannons on their wings and pilots should be trained how to use them. Or they should have sidewinder missiles instead!!

pnematic

Manager
justinr73;n3413305 said:
That's what the airports will all look like after we crash out of the EU.
And the job centres in Munich and Lyon when we stop buying Mercs and Citroen’s.

We can play hardball and we will.

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
pnematic;n3413315 said:
And the job centres in Munich and Lyon when we stop buying Mercs and Citroen’s.

We can play hardball and we will.
56% of all cars built in Britain, for export, are exported to the EU.

Hope they dont play hardball back.

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
raefil;n3413317 said:
56% of all cars built in Britain, for export, are exported to the EU.

Hope they dont play hardball back.

If only it were that simple we'd all fall for the spiel.....

NORTHENDRTOPS

Forum Patron
Patron
The drone isn't the main worry, it's obviously the pilot of it. I would have thought that a helicopter might be able to drop a net. Bet it's some stupid woman :D:D:D

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
30 years tomorrow since Lockerbie.

All the massive security operations that now go on in airports all day, every day, at the cost of millions and millions - that almost always succeed in preventing a repeat..

But how easy would it be to put your device on a drone and fly it into a plane as it comes into land?

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
Sam coates (Times) is reporting that the IT system has now gone down at Heathrow. I wonder if this is more than actually meets the eye?