PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Gatwick Drone

Regardless;n3413340 said:
30 years tomorrow since Lockerbie.

All the massive security operations that now go on in airports all day, every day, at the cost of millions and millions - that almost always succeed in preventing a repeat..

But how easy would it be to put your device on a drone and fly it into a plane as it comes into land?

Someone , somewhere will be plotting that right now ..........

raefil;n3413341 said:
Sam coates (Times) is reporting that the IT system has now gone down at Heathrow. I wonder if this is more than actually meets the eye?

A drone's battery will last a max of 20 minutes, and that is the high end models, and have they now taken over from the number one threat to planes, bird strikes.?
You are right, this does not meet the eye.

raefil;n3413341 said:
Sam coates (Times) is reporting that the IT system has now gone down at Heathrow. I wonder if this is more than actually meets the eye?

I wonder if the security services have suspicions that this Gatwick thing is a serious attempt to attack a plane, rather than just some stupid pranksters. It seems like an overreaction otherwise because, from what I gather, no drone has been seen since late morning. I think they're very worried because they've definitely written off all flights today, and are unsure about tomorrow.

It would be quite some coincidence if Heathrow turns into a major problem.

TSR2;n3413346 said:
A drone's battery will last a max of 20 minutes, and that is the high end models, and have they now taken over from the number one threat to planes, bird strikes.?
You are right, this does not meet the eye.

More than one drone?
also wondered if it some climate change nut, no flights no pollution, who knows?

Last edited:
If you fly a drone over Gatwick once, you've a good chance of not getting caught.

If you've grounded every aircraft at the airport for a several hours... you've got to be getting nervous.

But once you know that the UK military and intelligence services are hunting you down, you've got to be pretty committed to your cause (or pretty stupid) to be still sending out drones 24hrs later.

Would airport-expansion protestors be committed enough?

Heart.goes out to every poor fucker there. Hope the person responsible dies of a really horrible cancer.

sussexrob;n3413409 said:
Do pray tell more Phil what is your theory?

My theory is that this is bullshit, why they decided to do it I dont know, Rob.

Its a damned airport, one of the main entry and exit gates into our country, no cctv footage, no radar footage, nothing.