General Championship Thread

paddysr

Staff member
Patron
A place to discuss the games on telly and what not.

Two examples of absolutely comical defending for the two goals in the Hull Villa game.

sf

Manager
Villa throwing money at it again.

Signed two foreign keepers, loaned Tuanzebe again, want to sign Joe Bryan for £6m and John McGinn for £4m.

paddysr

Staff member
Patron
Villa throwing money at it again.

Signed two foreign keepers, loaned Tuanzebe again, want to sign Joe Bryan for £6m and John McGinn for £4m.
Advantage of billionaire backers.

Interested to see how West Brom get on against Forest tonight. A couple more defeats and they could seriously find themselves in trouble. Also a good chance to see if Karanka has learned how to attack yet

pnematic

First Team
Advantage of billionaire backers.

Interested to see how West Brom get on against Forest tonight. A couple more defeats and they could seriously find themselves in trouble. Also a good chance to see if Karanka has learned how to attack yet
Forest robbed - saying that WBA could and should have won 1-3.

Forest looked good - so did WBA in last 10.

mozzchops

First Team
I saw the last half hour tonight of the forest v wba game and wba were absolutely dreadful for 20 of those minutes. Came together for the last ten and nearly took all 3 points.
This league is so close. Anyone who has a bit of a winning run has a really good chance.

paddysr

Staff member
Patron
I saw the last half hour tonight of the forest v wba game and wba were absolutely dreadful for 20 of those minutes. Came together for the last ten and nearly took all 3 points.
This league is so close. Anyone who has a bit of a winning run has a really good chance.
It was a bit of a crazy game. Forest were so dominant up until the equalizer but just weren't clinical enough...sound familiar?

europne

First Team
As I see it this season could be very similar to last season. Lots of ‘big’ clubs who are all going to take points of each other, will there be a stand out team like Wolves? Time will tell, I’m not seeing one yet.

Also lots of local derbies which can twist form.

PNE/Rovers/Wigan/Bolton

Sheffield Wed/Sheffield Utd/Leeds/Rotherham

WBA/Birmingham/Villa/Derby/Forest

Millwall/Brentford/QPR/Reading

Ipswich/Norwich

Swansea/Bristol

As last season huge expectations on some clubs , it’s about consistency, can we match or better last season.

It’s a huge challenge but I’m looking forwards to it.

Chartley

Reserve
Very early doors, but quite a few intriguing fixtures. I would only call Boro to beat Brum with any degree of confidence.

paddysr

Staff member
Patron
Leeds showing how effective our style of football can be with the right distribution

paddysr

Staff member
Patron
Frank Lampard's Derby showing the naivity of appointing a manager with no experience as a manager and no experience of this league