General Championship Thread

JK

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Head Honcho
Staff member
Patron
Suit me if Rotherham survive and the other 2 drop down. Reasonable chance of that happening.
Fingers crossed. Although having watched quite a lot of Rotherhams recent games I'm not sure if they will ever score.

Best hope is that Derby go down, don't really care how it happens.

Last edited:

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
Fingers crossed. Although having watched quite a lot of Rotherhams recent games I'm not sure if they will ever score.
I think they got 1 point from their last 5 home games so they have wasted a few opportunities. It could be that Wednesday stay up with 43 points this season which would be a very low total to survive on

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Someone should have told Rotherham they need to win.
They needed to win but the point could still be critical. It's out of their hands but if they do have one last win at the weekend, that point makes a big difference to their chances.

Failing to beat Luton consigns us to a bottom half finish though :(

Preston Lad

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Patron
I think Derby will stay up.

They’ll beat Wednesday and Rotherham will lose to Cardiff.

cpnend

Advisor to the Owner
Wasn’t the best result for Rotherham last night but it was worse for Derby. They now have to go for a win against Sheff Wed to stay up whereas theyd have only needed a draw if Rotherham had got beat.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
No chance Rotherham are staying up, had about 4 games in hand at one point. Can't see them going to Cardiff and winning.

Very likely right. It would need a great effort if they want to turn around their form at the death.

But psychology can be a funny thing. For weeks, with all those games in hand, salvation has been in their own hands - and game after game, they buggered it up.

On Saturday, it’s no longer in their hands and it’s quite possible it brings a completely different, more relaxed mindset. Hope so.

Durutti

Advisor to the Owner
Love that football throws up these mad days.

Fingers crossed Derby go. Not particularly bitter about the whole Davies stuff, they just strike me as a club who hold themselves in too high esteem. Also, better for us if the others stay. Come on Rotherham (or Wednesday!)

Mancunian White

Forum Patron
Patron
Derby facing a potential deduction for FFP breaches, Wycombe maybe preparing legal action to deduct the points this season...

Think they've taken the "go down fighting" idea a bit far now.