General Championship Thread

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
Its now 3-1 to Luton but apparently we played a crap team on Saturday :)
3 of our 4 victories have been against teams currently in the top 10 in fact 2 of them are in the top 6.
Obviously we need more consistency and the away form is shocking but we are capable on a good day just need more of them.

JAYMAC

First Team
Championship side Reading have signed former Newcastle United and England striker Andy Carroll on a short-term deal until the middle of January.

Carroll, 32, had been a free agent since being released by the Magpies at the end of last season.

janiejones

I was at Deepdale November 5th 1985
Patron
Championship side Reading have signed former Newcastle United and England striker Andy Carroll on a short-term deal until the middle of January.

Carroll, 32, had been a free agent since being released by the Magpies at the end of last season.
Sorry for being cynical, but, we sign injury prone striker Connor Wickham, and we all know how that ended. Reading sign injury prone striker, Andy Carroll. Watch him bag loads of goals and inspire 'em to a play off place. 😞😞

northender2

Forum Patron
Patron
John Fleck collapsed during tonight's game, apparently he was conscious and walked off the pitch, is it just me, or does this seem to be happening more often these days?

ddoctagon

Reserve
Whilst appointing Heckingbottam is a strange decision from the outside, at least it shows they had a plan before pulling the trigger - the new guy was lined up to join on the same day Jokanovic was shown the door.

Putting a caretaker in charge just shows you hadn't lined your ducks up beforehand. Giving that caretaker the job on a perm after a handful of games shows you never had a succession plan in the first place, and are just winging it - which suggests a larger malaise and lack of planning in general.

I'd rather feel like the people at the top had a plan, even if they give the job to someone I didn't want, than feel like it's all done on a whim.

Whilst appointing Heckingbottam is a strange decision from the outside, at least it shows they had a plan before pulling the trigger - the new guy was lined up to join on the same day Jokanovic was shown the door.

Putting a caretaker in charge just shows you hadn't lined your ducks up beforehand. Giving that caretaker the job on a perm after a handful of games shows you never had a succession plan in the first place, and are just winging it - which suggests a larger malaise and lack of planning in general.

I'd rather feel like the people at the top had a plan, even if they give the job to someone I didn't want, than feel like it's all done on a whim.

So you would have been happier if we sack Neil last season and give a 4 and a half year contract to Frankie on the same day because it seems like we had a plan.

It’s shocking. They have sacked their manager and appointed their assistant on a four and a half year contract. That deal is just mind blowing. He was shocking as Leeds manager.