General Championship Thread

Lee Trundle

Advisor to the Owner

Things you love to see.

Genuinely think that every SKY presenter will commit Sepuku live on air if Wayne Rooney's Derby County get relegated.

More likely is their results start to pick up after Christmas and SKY start hyping the 'late promotion push' despite the fact they never get anywhere near, exactly as happened last year.

Class if they liquidate

JK

The Big Boss
Staff member
Patron
Genuinely think that every SKY presenter will commit Sepuku live on air if Wayne Rooney's Derby County get relegated.

More likely is their results start to pick up after Christmas and SKY start hyping the 'late promotion push' despite the fact they never get anywhere near, exactly as happened last year.

Class if they liquidate

Just wait until they give Rooney the job.

Mr Meeseeks

Forum Patron
Patron
I feel a wee bit sorry for him in a way. Played well against such poor opposition early on and a huge weight of expectation.

Worth remembering his best friend took his own life a week ago too. It's a lot for one so young to deal with
Any Dolan bashing from Nobbers as far as I'm concerned is aimed at Plastic fans and not the lad himself. His decision to leave was his own and actually a well thought out one, opting for an u23 to first team pathway.

Any abuse, comments or observations of poor performance are directed at over-excited Rovers fans and definitely not young Dolan himself. He will no doubt go on to have a decent career in football.

OP
paddysr

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Any Dolan bashing from Nobbers as far as I'm concerned is aimed at Plastic fans and not the lad himself. His decision to leave was his own and actually a well thought out one, opting for an u23 to first team pathway.

Any abuse, comments or observations of poor performance are directed at over-excited Rovers fans and definitely not young Dolan himself. He will no doubt go on to have a decent career in football.
Oh yeah it's not our fans I mean, ice seen him getting pelters from plastics. He is so early in his career it is impossible to judge how it will go.

Mr Meeseeks

Forum Patron
Patron
Oh yeah it's not our fans I mean, ice seen him getting pelters from plastics. He is so early in his career it is impossible to judge how it will go.
Yeah spot on, he could blossom into a tidy player at this level or he could end up in the lower leagues, too early to tell.

Even playing League 1 or League 2 football would be a dream for most blokes and myself included, wish these young lads who don't make the cut at top 6 clubs realised that, they're still living a blessed life.

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
Cardiff 0-1 Bristol City FT.
Didn't catch much of the game but a slight consolation (not too much) that other teams have problems when conceding first at home.

mozzchops

Manager
Cardiff 0-1 Bristol City FT.
Didn't catch much of the game but a slight consolation (not too much) that other teams have problems when conceding first at home.

I watched a bit of it.
They were saying Bristol had only 1 shot on goal.
From what I saw neither goalie was tested, very much like our home games.
451 is a killer for home teams to try and break down, get caught on the break and your knackered.