PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

General Election 4th July 2024 (Exit Poll added)

2024 Exit Poll (Anonymous) - Who did you vote for

• Green

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Labour Party

Votes: 66 54.1%
  • Conservative and Unionist Party

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Reform UK

Votes: 23 18.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Workers Party of Britain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social Democratic Party

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Spoiled ballot

• I didn’t understand Exit Polls mean you’ve been and voted

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The New Labour mantra of more immigration (a lot of it unskilled or low quality) = wages down, house prices and GDP up. Was followed by Tory mantra of more immigration (more of it low quality / unskilled) = wages down, house prices and GDP up. I can't see the current Labour lot deviating from the path trodden by previous governments.

Then they will start to wail on about house building, climate change, carbon emissions, NHS waiting lists, social housing waiting lists. Congestion, air quality, coal, gas, oil, electricity generation etc. Ignoring the huge elephant in the room that is importing anything from 500k to 1 million people net per year. With a large chunk of them being net takers, not contributors.

Still it doesn't matter as fucking mugs like me will be expected to pony up even more tax every year to pay for it. While putting up with HMRC that is a fucking shambles and not fit for purpose. A courts and tribunals service that is a fucking shambles and not fit for purpose. The probate registry being worse than HMRC and the courts added together.

😡 😢
Didn't you once say you decended from African or Indian migrants?

The New Labour mantra of more immigration (a lot of it unskilled or low quality) = wages down, house prices and GDP up. Was followed by Tory mantra of more immigration (more of it low quality / unskilled) = wages down, house prices and GDP up. I can't see the current Labour lot deviating from the path trodden by previous governments.

Then they will start to wail on about house building, climate change, carbon emissions, NHS waiting lists, social housing waiting lists. Congestion, air quality, coal, gas, oil, electricity generation etc. Ignoring the huge elephant in the room that is importing anything from 500k to 1 million people net per year. With a large chunk of them being net takers, not contributors.

Still it doesn't matter as fucking mugs like me will be expected to pony up even more tax every year to pay for it. While putting up with HMRC that is a fucking shambles and not fit for purpose. A courts and tribunals service that is a fucking shambles and not fit for purpose. The probate registry being worse than HMRC and the courts added together.

😡 😢

Source? Counters lots of previous research that immigrants are often net contributors both from EEA and non-EEA areas.

Well put. I would agree with a lot of that.

I find it absolutely baffling, absolutely and totally baffling how Sunak couldn't at least reduce the small boat crossings. I mean, get some security firms patrolling the waters, get journos to take pics of said patrols and at least fucking look like you are doing something. The Rwanda plan honestly feels like the only plan and it was such a shite one.

They genuinely thought that a vote winner would be to create, nurture and perpetuate the chaos, sone of it imaginary or inflated, in order to be able blame and dismantle the institutions that might resist their power and wealth grab. Without appreciating that the country might actually believe totally in the chaos and see them as negligent in addressing it. Nor that it might play directly into the hands of Reform who have interest in the same deflection tactics but who highlight the tories role in failing to address it. A total failure of political strategy on their part.

Source? Counters lots of previous research that immigrants are often net contributors both from EEA and non-EEA areas.

I think I heard our birthrate is about 1.7. Frankly, I do have concerns that cultural identity in the UK is not being sufficiently valued - but if we're going to dramatically reduce immigration, we had better be prepared for the economic consequences of not having enough young people for a healthy economy.

Without having studied this, I would have thought that until our birthrate is back to a self-sustaining level (for argument's sake >2.2) then I cannot imagine how the big majority of immigrants would not be net contributors.

Do you not think that with the votes Reform got and how sensibly Starmer has acquitted himself in his opening days that getting legal and illegal immigration down will be a very secret but very high priority for Labour though?
I don't know how he could do that but let's wait and see. You never know, we might get promoted...

We can't be anymore regulated than we currently are by the tory trade union laws.
True
Most in this country are welcoming to genuine refugees but no one , among the reform voters at least, believes the majority of the people in the boats fit the bill. And reform Voters would demand that any coming in properly fit in with and accept the western values in our society.

At the moment, both legal and illegal immigration is absolute chaos in this country ( and across much of the EU) which is leading to societal tensions.
Very true

Is this kind of thing above board? I thought ghost candidates weren't allowed?

GSHy7EmXEAAIsdz

Is this kind of thing above board? I thought ghost candidates weren't allowed?

GSHy7EmXEAAIsdz

That image is at least 3 days old. If it's as blatant as presented there, then I would have thought that by now it would have been investigated and already be headline news... because it surely is not allowed.

I imagine by ‘large chunk’ he doesn’t mean the majority.

It is indisputably correct that there are a large number of immigrants who are net takers. Just like there are more immigrants who are net contributors, who should be welcomed.

But should we be welcoming net takers, who in turn play a role in driving down wages and GDP per capita, and driving up house prices?

I think I heard our birthrate is about 1.7. Frankly, I do have concerns that cultural identity in the UK is not being sufficiently valued - but if we're going to dramatically reduce immigration, we had better be prepared for the economic consequences of not having enough young people for a healthy economy.

Without having studied this, I would have thought that until our birthrate is back to a self-sustaining level (for argument's sake >2.2) then I cannot imagine how the big majority of immigrants would not be net contributors.
Is the UK birthrate of 1.7 an overall figure or can (?) it be further analysed to give the figures for separate Religions and separate Faiths?
I'd suggest the figure for C. of E. could be lower than, eg - the Muslim figure.
I'd also suggest the figure for 'white' could be lower than, eg - the 'black' or 'asian' figure.

Labour Party are planning to reduce prison sentences to 40% instead of the current 50% to help reduce overcrowding…..

Obviously this doesn’t apply to serious offenders such as murderers, rapists, people who commit domestic violence….

However, it is hardly the deterrent that a prison sentence should be ….

For example, If someone kills another person through dangerous driving and gets say 4 years , they will be out after 19 months 😡😡

Labour Party are planning to reduce prison sentences to 40% instead of the current 50% to help reduce overcrowding…..

Obviously this doesn’t apply to serious offenders such as murderers, rapists, people who commit domestic violence….

However, it is hardly the deterrent that a prison sentence should be ….

For example, If someone kills another person through dangerous driving and gets say 4 years , they will be out after 19 months 😡😡
How would you deal with the fact, because of tory party ineptitude we literally don't have any prison space for actual dangerous criminals?

How would you deal with the fact, because of tory party ineptitude we literally don't have any prison space for actual dangerous criminals?
Oh yeah, I get it Raef…..

I was just making the point that a prison sentence doesn’t mean a prison sentence anymore and isn’t the deterrent that it’s meant to be…

Oh yeah, I get it Raef…..

I was just making the point that a prison sentence doesn’t mean a prison sentence anymore and isn’t the deterrent that it’s meant to be…
Short term, restore prison officers pay to what it should be. Take prisons out of private hands, take probation services, especially, out of private hands to attempt to cut reoffending rates and stop putting people in prison who offer no danger and could easily serve their sentence in the community.

Long term, we need to start a prison building programme.