PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

General Election 4th July 2024 (Exit Poll added)

2024 Exit Poll (Anonymous) - Who did you vote for

• Green

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Labour Party

Votes: 66 54.1%
  • Conservative and Unionist Party

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Reform UK

Votes: 23 18.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Workers Party of Britain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social Democratic Party

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Spoiled ballot

• I didn’t understand Exit Polls mean you’ve been and voted

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Told A and E I’d ruptured my Achilles. Spent about five hours in a wheelchair holding my foot on before they decided to x-Ray me which came up clear (no shit Sherlock).

They refused to scan me to establish the exact site or severity of the tear.

Was ultimately told it’d heal if they put it in plaster.

Three months later it hadn’t healed properly and I had to go private to get it operated on and informed a victory had been snatched from the jaws of defeat.

Wasn’t much better 25 years ago though.

I can still remember the sight of the nurse shaking her head after the hospital junior had plastered my leg at the wrong angle, no doubt ruining my chances of ever playing for England.

Still, at least the NHS does support a number of jobs in the clinical negligence profession.

Then there was the consultant who showed me an X-ray of somebody else’s hand.

All three injuries sustained playing sport - who says exercise is good for you?!

It was wet cement. Farage is hardened to it.
They just had Dave Fishwick on Politics Live. Breath of fresh air, totally knowledgeable and full of sensible ideas for the people. If only someone like him would stand and occupy the vacuum that charlatan Farage is filling, we might get somewhere. As people would vote for him in droves

Funny how everywhere shitler goes there's one random person to throw something (nothing hard) at him.

It wouldn't be a set up would it? Surely not....

The NHS costs less per head than other comparable systems.

View attachment 21533

Thats fair enough and to that extent I stand corrected, though I have also seen charts that show us higher per capita state spend than Belgium, Spain and Sweden that have better medical outcomes, and, in my view, better systems.

USA is top of your list not because the state funds it the most, but because it is a mainly privatised system that pays high rewards to those that work in it, but it is not a model that I hear anyone wanting to replicate here. So the chart is pretty meaningless for the point I was making.

I guess a lot also depends on where you plonk the cost of things like Social Care, Prescriptions, dentistry etc which would distort the figures.

Thats fair enough and to that extent I stand corrected, though I have also seen charts that show us higher per capita state spend than Belgium, Spain and Sweden that have better medical outcomes, and, in my view, better systems.

USA is top of your list not because the state funds it the most, but because it is a mainly privatised system that pays high rewards to those that work in it, but it is not a model that I hear anyone wanting to replicate here. So the chart is pretty meaningless in the point I was making.

I guess a lot also depends on where you plonk the cost of things like Social Care, Prescriptions, dentistry etc which would distort the figures.
Pharma owns the US health service, they can charge what they want, hence the ridiculous cost of very ordinary health care over there.

''30 Aug 2023 — On average, a strip of 12 tablets of 500mg Paracetamol can cost around $5 in the United States.''

UK.....
''Buy ASDA Paracetamol 500mg Caplets online at ASDA Groceries. The same great prices as in store, delivered to your door or click and collect from store.
£0.45''

It is more complex than that but effectively the yanks are being held to ransom!

Farage and Corbyn have one thing in common...

They are demonised by the mainstream media and smeared with the allegations that they are extremists.

What on earth have the BBC and the rest of the MSM got to fear from a movement away from the comfortable centre?

If Farage and Reform appear to be gaining momentum in the polls the MSM will do exactly what it did to Corbyn.

Farage and Corbyn have one thing in common...

They are demonised by the mainstream media and smeared with the allegations that they are extremists.

What on earth have the BBC and the rest of the MSM got to fear from a movement away from the comfortable centre?

If Farage and Reform appear to be gaining momentum in the polls the MSM will do exactly what it did to Corbyn.
Erm, one difference. The stuff said about Farage is true.

Whatever the political party, the NHS is no longer fit for purpose. Root and branch change is required, not just spunking more and more money at it every year.
Why was it voted the best healthcare service in the world In 2010?

The Tories have decimated it on purpose so morons like yourself can justify it being binned off for profit.

USA is top of your list not because the state funds it the most, but because it is a mainly privatised system that pays high rewards to those that work in it, but it is not a model that I hear anyone wanting to replicate here. So the chart is pretty meaningless for the point I was making.

Seems that the US system is excellent if you can afford to pay for it - if you can't, it is pretty terrible. The price gouging at all levels does not help.

Our health service costs more money for worse medical outcomes, with underpaid and demotivated staff, than many many other comparable countries. If it was a business it would have gone bust years ago.

It’s a national disgrace , Yet as a nation we are wedded to the idea and think the solution is to throw more money at it because the alternative is some sort of privatised system where only those that can afford it get healthcare.

It’s complete bollocks. Swallow some national pride, look at what other countries close to home do and how they fund it , and scrap the NHS as is now. We can still call it the NHS if it makes people feel better , I don’t care .

I have many disappointments with what the tories failed to do with their huge majority, but failure to radicalise healthcare is top of them.
So why was it voted the best healthcare in the world under the last labour government?

Tories have chosen this, it’s deliberate!