PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

GENERAL STRIKE

Union membership amongst posters(anonymous poll)

• Not in Union, no plans to join one, employed

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Not in Union, planning to join one, employed

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Was in Union, not currently in Union, employed

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Was in Union, retired

Votes: 28 19.0%
  • Never in Union, retired

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Not Always been in Union, but currently in Union, employed

Votes: 16 10.9%
  • Always been in Union, employed

Votes: 26 17.7%
  • NUS/Student

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other(self-employed, unemployed, student )

Votes: 17 11.6%

• Total voters
My Mrs doesn't pay for public transport, she has a free pass, plus she isn't inconvenienced, the taxpayer funded organisation pays for taxis during industrial action.
My point remains, youre happy for others to run the risk of fines for non payment knowing full well your wife wont have to worry about such.

It is important, if they are not affiliated they don't have any sway at conference to support motions
So tell me how do the CLPs work, when Mike Lynch asks RMT members to support CLPs and yet 80% of CLPs backed PR, yet they were defeated by opposition from the Trade Unions?

So tell me how do the CLPs work, when Mike Lynch asks RMT members to support CLPs and yet 80% of CLPs backed PR, yet they were defeated by opposition from the Trade Unions?
The CLPs send delegates to conference and they overwhelmingly voted for PR. Mick Lynch is just encouraging individuals to be active in local politics, he's not responsible for how any other unions use their sway at conference.

My point remains, youre happy for others to run the risk of fines for non payment knowing full well your wife wont have to worry about such.
Fines from whom, it is the rail inspectors that issue penalty tickets. Wouldn't they be part of industrial action, along with ticket office staff?

Fines from whom, it is the rail inspectors that issue penalty tickets.
Ah right so youre happy for rail inspectors to risk a criminal record for not issuing fines according to law, whilst your wife continues to travel risk free?

Ah right so youre happy for rail inspectors to risk a criminal record for not issuing fines according to law, whilst your wife continues to travel risk free?
Are they going to employ agency staff to check on inspectors who are on strike? Inspectors aren't necessary to run a service, only there to issue penalties.

If you are going to target the Private Rail companies for better conditions and pay rises, hit them in the pocket.

It doesn't inconvenience me any more, I rarely use public transport. I just have a different view on how to punish the Privatised Rail Network, keep the trains running but allow free travel to everyone until they cave in.

Or maybe they should strike just in regions predominantly represented in Parliament by Tory MPs. Ie the South mainly. As a direct statement that if you vote in a party that actively seeks to run down public services, you dont deserve to receive those services when they count the cost of those policies. This is a general principle that could be extended. Im sure the tory heartlands get mightily pissed off when they cant get their Catherine Cookson novels because their local library has closed. But thats precisely what they voted for and should expect from these vandals.

Tell you what nobs, I have been circulating support for PR for the last ten years, seen the Labour Party support double in that time and the membership spiral, at the Labour Party Conference a year ago, PR needed the support of the unions, which their oppositio and no vote resulted in the Labour Party CLP not backing the motion for PR.

Now a lot of the unions have changed sides, the latest being Unison, and recently Unite and ASLEF, but still GMB and RMT don't back it.

When the RMT supports a fairer voting system, and backs the 83% of labour voters and most of the other unions, I will support Enough is Enough actively, I will support them in voting if they need votes, I subscribe to their newsletters and will sign their petitions.

I like Mike Lynch and his deputy, but he has his head up his ass for backing FPTP.
Eh?

What has that got to do with the RMT?

It’s the Labour Party and the Tory party that want it to stay as it is, it keeps the money coming in!

Why people could afford a house 20/30/40/50 years ago. Clue, it wasn't through "working hard" alone

View attachment 8841

I feel I've got to apologise as I've just realised that looking at the chart people stopped working hard about 1998 which coincides with when I started working properly. I try my best honestly but the internet is just too distracting

Basically it's everyone elses fault for distracting me from my work. Hope you are all ashamed of yourselves and what you've caused

I feel I've got to apologise as I've just realised that looking at the chart people stopped working hard about 1998 which coincides with when I started working properly. I try my best honestly but the internet is just too distracting

Basically it's everyone elses fault for distracting me from my work. Hope you are all ashamed of yourselves and what you've caused
I saw a wonderful twitter thread which collected, 'young people don't want to work' newspaper articles that hit every decade going back to the 1880s.

It does feel now that younger people are working longer hours, in precarious jobs and if they want to have a decent career have to go to university and get into tons of debt for jobs that had little entry requirements a generation ago.

I am certainly not young anymore but the biggest scam was those thought pieces saying how young people liked side hustles, 'flexible' zero hours contracts etc, working lots of temporary 'gigs'. I really hit hearing people of a certain age calling youngsters 'lazy' (especially as I suspect many people have some great stories of 'swinging the lead' unlike kids today who have every movement monitored)

Sorry for thread spamming but saw this and it's made my blood boil. If RM thinks this will sway public opinion they have another thing coming. They could use their platform to bridge a gap with their workforce, not threaten them...

Solidarity to posties!

These are some of the Royal Mail bosses accusing the
@CWUnews
of 'failing to grasp the seriousness of the situation' Simon Thompson £753k/yr + £140k bonus Mick Jeavons £1.3m/yr + £847k bonuses Martin Seidenberg £1.6m/yr + £1m bonuses

Ive tweeted that.

Lot to reply to there pal.

Firstly, and most importantly, I wish you all the best regards health.

You are totally wrong regards the council house sell off being a good thing. It would only have worked if there was a National scheme to build more council houses. There never was so it was just another quick sell off by thatcher and stuff the future. She was good at that.

You then went on to your family all owning their own houses, through working hard. Good for them. Two points though, firstly it was twenty years ago, properties have risen stupidly in price while wages have dropped. Totally different scenario nowadays. Second point is you mention the term ‘working hard’ several times above. What if people are struck by a disability at a younger age and the ability for ‘working hard’ is taken away from them through no fault of their own. What do they receive nowadays? Or are they just lazy, or spongers on society?

Again, you’ve not watched the enough is enough video. There is a United force that is starting to rise against the blatant ill treatment of the working class. Long May it continue, it needs everyone’s support. Retweet the video, show it to your friends, sign up, and maybe change will start to happen.

Finally if the RMT get their pay rise and working conditions sorted then that’s brilliant. The company will know though that in future they will have to treat their workers with more respect, otherwise the same will happen again. It’s called gaining power, power to the unions and power to those it represents.
I watched what I could find on the Clapham Rally, only short clips but a positive message, calling for people to get out on the streets. Hopefully a video of the whole event is published somewhere later. Let's see if it grows and moves forwards.

Regarding the video published by Navara Media, yes I watched it and rewatched again, the best intelligent analysis came from the journalist, 'Moya Lothian-Mclean' who summed up the new movement in a very precise assessment. Hopefully the movement will grow, and more people become interested. 'Ash Sarkar' was also spot on with her analysis, with people like that supporting the movement it has a chance of growing and gaining support and moving forward and gaining ground.

Nowadays, the Labour strongholds are in London, and it is there that the movement will grow, if and when it does. I will support it, although I am unable to be active on the street. Both Mike Lynch and Eddie Dempsey are both Londoners, and maybe they can persuade their members to back it.

Both 'Moya Lothian-Mclean' and 'Ash Sarkar' both summed up the pitiful state that the current Labour Party is in, a pathetic, useless political party, that no longer represents the workers, the most vulnerable, and the people close to poverty of this country. It will take it lot of work to get this movement up and running, it needs support from politicians as well (or does it?).

There is already a great deal of unrest here in London, with the cost of housing and out of control crime, I wouldn't be surprised if all sorts of rebellious activities take place in the coming months, probably anarchic activities springing up all over the place. I hope not, but the youth culture in London are not happy and are like a ticking time bomb.

Let's see how it pans out over the coming weeks and months, maybe it needs a leader who isn't a politician looking for limelight, kudos and praise.

Ive never known a stronger opponent of anything slightly left of centre, its all very odd and just doesnt marry with so many of his posts.
You don't half come out with some bollocks at times, Raef.

Strange you haven't lumped Corbyn in there as well.

This pound shop Thatcher is going to have a general strike on her hands

" hard-working people " ? .......... It's only the other day she said we were a bunch of lazy cunts.. Appols for the language, I should have saved that word to describe her and the other peckerhead vieing for the leadership of satans army...

" hard-working people " ? .......... It's only the other day she said we were a bunch of lazy cunts.. Appols for the language, I should have saved that word to describe her and the other peckerhead vieing for the leadership of satans army...

Think she must eat shite for breakfast. Hardly a shining example for comprehensives. Shes too thick headed to realise the jokes on her.

Let's get it right, she didn't say us Londoners are lazy cunts, she was referring to you buggers up North, :LOL: