PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

GENERAL STRIKE

Union membership amongst posters(anonymous poll)

• Not in Union, no plans to join one, employed

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Not in Union, planning to join one, employed

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Was in Union, not currently in Union, employed

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Was in Union, retired

Votes: 28 19.0%
  • Never in Union, retired

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Not Always been in Union, but currently in Union, employed

Votes: 16 10.9%
  • Always been in Union, employed

Votes: 26 17.7%
  • NUS/Student

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other(self-employed, unemployed, student )

Votes: 17 11.6%

• Total voters
Up the walking pace and stop communicating with customers ?... Quite right too. Bunch of lazy feckers the lot of em ( well that's what lizard said ).......... I think all these tory pond life came out of the same test tube.

Hes clearly not smelled his coffee. Its shows for how long theyve had it so easy and good that theyre completely oblivious and complacent about those that are earning their large crust.

https://www.unitetheunion.org/news-...The deal is worth 11,for the local Unite reps.

Unite, the UK’s leading union, has secured around 700 Heinz workers a pay increase worth 11 per cent.

As well as a 5.5 per cent increase on base rates, the workers will receive two one off payments totalling £1,200.

The first payment of £500 will be paid immediately, while the second £700 payment will be received in January 2023, subject to attendance. The payments are not subject to national insurance or income tax deductions.

The deal is worth 11 per cent on average to workers’ yearly wage and includes an additional three days off during the Christmas period.

They must have been on minimum wage or very close to it, judging by the amount they will get.

I have great respect for Unite, a great Union, currently fighting for the missus company, to increase the hourly rate. The haven't has a pay rise for 5 years, won't really be of benefit to her though, she retires in 2 months.

Whilst posties showed respect in trying to maintain a good standing with the public, ROYAL mail had no such qualms with the shit they've flung at their staff.

Whilst people have nodded at the 'respectful' decision by CWU and RMT, their bosses have not respectfully ceased the war on their staff.

We'll always be subservient to the establishment, and yet the establishment don't play by the rules they expect the rest to follow.

Screw Royal Mail and solidarity to posties

Teachers
Ambulance staff
PCS (I think which is a Government workers Union isn't it?)

all balloted this week it seems. Popular times

RIP Elsa Warren, widow of Dessie. Trailblazers for where we are now in some ways

Wasn’t analise in Neighbours?

He should get them wearing those springy moonboot shoes or get them on some segways
That twat didn't even know what a RTS was.

Fuck him, he is trying to kill RM off.

He wants to diminish our basic earnings, remove allowances, force later start times which mean later delivery times for YOU, force in what is basically "work is lighter today, go home, we'll call you", destroy Work : Family life balance, Pensions!!, Erase Sick Pay to practically nothing, Erase Sunday Supplements, etc.

I am on Strike again today. Losing money but with my eyes on the longer game and the bigger picture.

That twat didn't even know what a RTS was.

Fuck him, he is trying to kill RM off.

He wants to diminish our basic earnings, remove allowances, force later start times which mean later delivery times for YOU, force in what is basically "work is lighter today, go home, we'll call you", destroy Work : Family life balance, Pensions!!, Erase Sick Pay to practically nothing, Erase Sunday Supplements, etc.

I am on Strike again today. Losing money but with my eyes on the longer game and the bigger picture.
I spent an hour with the guys at Brig sorting office today.

As I see it the guys striking, right now, wherever, are making a stand for all working people.

I spent an hour with the guys at Brig sorting office today.

As I see it the guys striking, right now, wherever, are making a stand for all working people.
I delivered there today at 0515am.

The strike runs from today 0400am through to tomorrow Friday 0400am, night staff (myself) have to complete our shifts though hence being there beyond the 4am start. Night Shift strike starts tonight.