PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Gentry Day 2014 ??

I liked Brentford last season but the stand only holds like 900. Would rather go to Bristol City where we can take a big following.

From the Brentford website

Away fans are housed in the Brook Road Stand at one end of the ground. This covered two tiered stand has 600 seats in its upper tier and room for around 1,000 fans below in the terrace. The upper tier has good unhindered views of the playing area, whilst below in the lower terraced area there are a couple of prominent supporting pillars, which may affect your view. There is a good selection of refreshments on offer including a selection of Pukka Pies & Pasties (£2.70), Herta Hot Dogs (£3), Burgers (£3), Cheeseburgers (£3.20) and Sausage Rolls (£2.50). I had an enjoyable visit to the ground and didn't experience any problems.

From the Brentford website

Away fans are housed in the Brook Road Stand at one end of the ground. This covered two tiered stand has 600 seats in its upper tier and room for around 1,000 fans below in the terrace. The upper tier has good unhindered views of the playing area, whilst below in the lower terraced area there are a couple of prominent supporting pillars, which may affect your view. There is a good selection of refreshments on offer including a selection of Pukka Pies & Pasties (£2.70), Herta Hot Dogs (£3), Burgers (£3), Cheeseburgers (£3.20) and Sausage Rolls (£2.50). I had an enjoyable visit to the ground and didn't experience any problems.

Fair enough, so a few more than 900. But we could take 2500 to Bristol.

All the Gentry Day's in London have been first class and the best supported.

I would assume the reason for this is the same that it was such a brilliant effort at Orient on Sunday. Lots of folk can head down on the train and visit pubs etc without any hassle. It also is a dam good day out.

I don't see any reason why it couldn't be Brentford again.... terracing, plenty of boozers and no grief from the Police or Stewards.

Bristol City would be the only other option for me, but I would imagine it is not the easiest of places to get to from Preston.

However I will support the day wherever is chosen.

The away end at Brizoll City is shit. its like the old town end but with seats stuck to the concrete blocks. One of the shittest away grounds for Atmosphere.

The away end at Brizoll City is shit. its like the old town end but with seats stuck to the concrete blocks. One of the shittest away grounds for Atmosphere.

Agree, the seats are just benches with no back rests. However the roof is quite low and a loud noise can be generated. Some home fans also gather in the corner of the away end, makes for a bit of banter!

I think with regards to Brentford, it's best waiting to see if advance train tickets are available on Good Friday, otherwise it would be an expensive trip.

With regards to Bristol City, I have come back on train from there once. It was cheaper buying a single to Birmingham, then a single from there back up to Lancaster. It was about £30 and that was just one way.

Have you ever been to watch PNE at Wolves?

It is one of the most hospitable unwelcoming places in the League. Nowhere to have a pint and the police tend to herd you like cattle.

I have, ( & behind one of the goals along with the other PNE fans ) - & had a couple of pints as well. I can't say that I was intimidated by either Stewards or Plod. ( Now if you were talking about St.Andrews or Elland Road - THEY are both horrible places with NASTY officials & fans.)

It's just that Wolves is a big game ( especially THIS season ) & I'd think a lot of Nobbers would go there, due to the size of that Club & that PNE have played them quite a lot over the decades, and it's' not too far to travel.

Some of the other suggestions are much further, and some are at No-mark Clubs, and some have probably less atmosphere. Some of these other suggestions cover all three bases.

Anyone can call that 'snobby' but there's a bit of truth in it, IMO.

I'm unhappy that PNE are perceived to be a 'big fish in a small pond' and also hate any self-delusionional PNE fans who think PNE are a 'massive' club just becuase we can fill one entire end. I'd rather PNE fans 'flew-the-flag' at a proper club - like Wolves.