PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Gentry Day 2015/16 - Bolton 12/03/16 (Confirmed)

Very true. I was in chorley yesterday and there were loads of leeds fans in a few pubs.who were obviously making their way to bolton. Chorley is a good stop off as its only ten mins to horwich from chorley cha

I wouldn't bank on that plan too much. The train the opposite way (from Manchester to Horwich) will be full of Bolton fans trying to get from Bolton to Horwich, and in any case, that service now is much reduced, and instead it mainly runs from Manchester to Preston through Wigan rather than through Horwich. I get that train to work every day and they are extremely unreliable at the moment - late every day last week Mon-Fri, and so far late this week Mon and Tues. You will need the Manchester Victoria train rather than the Picadilly one.

I think reduced service till end of the year so hopefully Northern rail should have their act together for next March but yes at the moment train service particularly at the weekends but that should change.

Nipped in to the Blackedge brewery on Friday and a superb selection of ale was on offer think it was six of their own ales with one guest ale, the Tap house on Church street had no less than 9 pumps! Happy drinking

Yeah, good shout JD......

I actually like your idea on a later post - go to Manchester for a few beers and then catch the train back to Horwich ! :thumbsup:

When I thought about this again it's probably not such a good idea.

The train from manchester will stop at Bolton on the way to Horwick.... Lots and lots of drunken Nobbers mixing with lots of drunken notlobbers is probably not such a good idea !!!

When I thought about this again it's probably not such a good idea.

The train from manchester will stop at Bolton on the way to Horwick.... Lots and lots of drunken Nobbers mixing with lots of drunken notlobbers is probably not such a good idea !!!
I have a fear about tomorrows game when it comes to drink. an extra 3 hours of drinking before the game? Not convinced thats a very good idea.

I have a fear about tomorrows game when it comes to drink. an extra 3 hours of drinking before the game? Not convinced thats a very good idea.

Or people may just go out later?

Fwiw I think it will add to the atmosphere,!

Yeah, ive been saying that all week Phil..

Having said that, I am getting the train from Euxton into Preston at 3-14 and heading for the Sun Inn on Friargate.............

Hopefully time for 4 or 5 scoops before getting a taxi to the ground !!

I always get "end of row" seats !!!
Same here. My season ticket is an aisle seat - for that reason. And as I have a bit of a dodgy knee so can't always be arsed with the stand up-sit down business when people keep going to the bog.