PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Genuine Latent Racism

Mer5eywhite

Patron

The west knows best and everyone else is a bunch of savages!
I cannot believe people are this idiotic.
This is real, middle class racism and the thick, brainwashed tossers can’t see it.

We may find it distasteful for various reasons such as cats and dogs are not on our traditional menu but what on earth gives us the right to preach to these people?
Veal? Foie Gras? Etc etc

This is real, middle class racism and the thick, brainwashed tossers can’t see it.

We may find it distasteful for various reasons such as cats and dogs are not on our traditional menu but what on earth gives us the right to preach to these people?
Veal? Foie Gras? Etc etc
I agree with that - there is a large element of hypocrisy. Some of the things the west does in terms of animal welfare are pretty disgraceful, too.

Little difference between a dog and a pig in this respect, IMO.

Wonder what an Indonesian journalist would make of battery farming in western countries! :)

Veal? Foie Gras? Etc etc
a birds eye lasagna ?

I agree with that - there is a large element of hypocrisy. Some of the things the west does in terms of animal welfare are pretty disgraceful, too.

Little difference between a dog and a pig in this respect, IMO.

Wonder what an Indonesian journalist would make of battery farming in western countries! :)
There's plenty of intensive farming of both pigs and chickens here Sepp, unfortunately in absolutely hideous conditions. We've still got pig pens in the garden from the previous owner, they're about 1 pig long and 1 pig wide, and that's where the poor buggers would have spent all their life.

There's plenty of intensive farming of both pigs and chickens here Sepp, unfortunately in absolutely hideous conditions. We've still got pig pens in the garden from the previous owner, they're about 1 pig long and 1 pig wide, and that's where the poor buggers would have spent all their life.
Sad to hear that - that does break my heart to see it.

That's one good thing about living in the countryside here (although other aspects of animal welfare in Greece are not very good) - most animals are kept free range and killed as humanely as possible.

I saw a brief clip of one of the Chinese dog meat markets once. They torture the dogs (for example: skinning them alive)
because they believe it makes the meat taste better.

If there's one thing I could erase from my memory, it'd be that.

It genuinely (no exaggeration) traumatized me, and I couldn't stop thinking about it for months. I've never felt such disgust, at anything, in all my life.

I know, as a westerner, I've been brought up to see cats and dogs as pets, and understand that they're food for other cultures...but there's no excuse for treating them how they were in that clip. Barbaric fucking backwards cunts.

Sorry for going slightly off-topic, but I guess it's somewhat in keeping with the subject of the OP. I love animals in the same way I love humans, and I just need to have a little rant at someone whenever I think about what I saw.

Soz about that. As you were....

Honestly, and I’ll expect some abuse here, I’ve not even watched the clip because I’ve seen and heard stuff like this before.
Let’s go and travel the world, broaden our horizons and criticise the locals for their inferior ways. The same luvvie actor probably thinks he is incredibly PC.
Shall we travel to the Dordogne and watch the French force feed geese until their livers burst? Perhaps we could send Nigel Havers to the fish markets in Brussels to watch the live fish gasping for air because they can’t be arsed covering them in sufficient ice to keep them unconscious.

It’s symptomatic of our world full of contradictions!

There are some pretty shitty intensive farming methods and also non-stunned Halal and Kosher slaughter methods in the UK that need to be stopped.

But when, as previously mentioned, cats and dogs are skinned alive, blow torched, boiled alive in hot water, bled out and disemboweled whilst still conscious because it apparently makes them taste nicer you've have to question the mentally of these people.

These are the same people whose desire for mumbo jumbo potions and powders mean Rhinos, Elephants and Tigers are poached and have parts of their anatomy removed, again mostly whilst still alive.

There are some pretty shitty intensive farming methods and also non-stunned Halal and Kosher slaughter methods in the UK that need to be stopped.

But when, as previously mentioned, cats and dogs are skinned alive, blow torched, boiled alive in hot water, bled out and disemboweled whilst still conscious because it apparently makes them taste nicer you've have to question the mentally of these people.

These are the same people whose desire for mumbo jumbo potions and powders mean Rhinos, Elephants and Tigers are poached and have parts of their anatomy removed, again mostly whilst still alive.
Yep, why would anyone want to chuck a dog or cat or any animal or crustacean like a lobster or crab, into a pot of boiling water without killing it first. With fish, surely the kindest is to kill instantly or keep unconscious till they die anyway. I have been in a situation where we went fishing and the fish was killed instantly rather than leave it gasping it was on the barbecue within minutes of it being landed. But it was killed off first.

Im sure you would also agree that the hunting and tearing apart, limb by limb of foxes is also utterly abhorrent, as is the trade in ivory that cameron, in 2010 said would be stopped in the UK but was quietly scrapped in the Tory manifesto.

You backed up the OPs point perfectly by, correctly condemning barbaric attitudes to animals overseas whilst remaining quiet on similar practices here.

Chinese medicine has a lot to answer for. About 2 billion healthy, and long-lived chinese people for a start ;)

as others have said, "people in glass houses" and all that....

Just looking at the dairy industry is pretty horrific, new born calves taken from their mothers, cows inseminated to breed more and keep them lactating just so we can drink their milk.......but we wouldn't do it to dogs, because that's just cruel (and we chose not to drink dog milk)!
......the way we dispose of male chicks is just barbaric.

I reckon I could easily convince myself to go vegan if I watched the many documentaries out there.

Im sure you would also agree that the hunting and tearing apart, limb by limb of foxes is also utterly abhorrent, as is the trade in ivory that cameron, in 2010 said would be stopped in the UK but was quietly scrapped in the Tory manifesto.

You backed up the OPs point perfectly by, correctly condemning barbaric attitudes to animals overseas whilst remaining quiet on similar practices here.

So, as usual, you completely ignored the start of my post because it didn't suit your agenda. Shocker!

So, as usual, you completely ignored the start of my post because it didn't suit your agenda. Shocker!
Oh I saw the first part, trust me. Im far from blind. I saw full well what you were saying matey.

So back to Fox hunting and the ivory trade?

Mrs Mays favorite pastimes.

But we would happily crated crated veal, Kentucky fried chicken (read up on that one if you want cruelty), horse meat (Birds eye), I could go on....
Double standards maybe or people in glass houses ?
My view exactly - you could add mink farming for fur, too.

That said, like most people, I am a hypocrite when it comes to such things :D

Incidentally, over the last few weeks... since the latest bit of publicity where they highlighted the environmental impacts of the meat industry... I'd say that I've halved my meat intake. Used more pulses and Quorn mince / sausages (been impressed with those)

These animal welfare issues come into it too. Last weekend, I bought a large Tesco chicken that fed 6... and chose a free-range one - which I occasionally do. Instead of costing around £4-50, it cost £7-40. Obviously a lot more but still works out at just over a pound per person. If you buy pies, or anything like a half decent pizza, it costs more than that. OK... I know a free-range hen is probably not slaughtered any more humanely - but it's still a move in the right direction.