PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Gerrard at Ibrox?

You don’t offend anyone and first and foremost you’re a North End fan who likes Rangers.
Not some random guy who has no affiliation to our club whatsoever yet continually posts Rangers content on our message board. That’s why a few of us said he’s weird for doing so.
As it goes I’m always glad when they beat the wannabe Irish, terrorist loving goons.

Fair play mate, summed it up nicely! (y)

You don’t offend anyone and first and foremost you’re a North End fan who likes Rangers.
Not some random guy who has no affiliation to our club whatsoever yet continually posts Rangers content on our message board. That’s why a few of us said he’s weird for doing so.

So consider potential motives for this "weird" behaviour. Is there a possibility it's partly to have fun with someone like you who is so weird about a Rangers fan posting on a Rangers thread in a general football forum and a thread I never created. That's just one possibility.

Is your weirdness normal? In your view.

My taid (Welsh for granddad) similarly overhead an American tourist say while looking at Conwy castle, "It's a shame they built it so close to the train line".

Sounds like American tourists just go around castles saying ridiculous things to wind us up, they aren't THAT daft... Surely.
Tell an American you are from Northern England and They'd often say stuff like 'my uncle lives in London - do you know him?'

Came to Oklahoma on March 7th 2012 and been here ever since. In that time I met two Scots briefly. I'm most definitely the only Scot around everywhere I go. Even English are rare. So to them i'm sort of exotic, they love the accent. The general attitude towards it perhaps typified by a remark one work colleague made. He said, "I want to borrow his accent for a weekend and hit the nightclubs"

But Oklahomans are mostly entirely ignorant of much outside the US. Examples I have encountered. Is Scotland in England? Is Scotland in Europe?

Are you from like Norway or something? And to that particular one I replies no I'm from Scotland. To which he replies with "your English is very good, was it hard to learn? I heard English is hard to learn"

And that's just a tiny sample of such dumbfuckery. Oklahoma is Midwest, land locked sitting just above Texas. And about equally as far from the glitz and culture of either the East or West coasts. A sort of hicksville.

Bible belt, gun totin, Trump supporting religious fundies who think the Earth is brand new and all life appeared on it around 6,000 years or so ago in a single day by magic spell. Not all of them but a very large number.

When my Oklahoman wife was growing up she was out walking with her religious fundamentalist father one day. Around a hundred million years or so ago Oklahoma was covered by a large inland sea. About 600 miles wide and 2,000 miles long. It's why there is an oil industry in Oklahoma. The oil was deposited by that sea.

But anyway, my wife is walking along and she finds a fossilised sea shell and says to her dad. We're far from any sea, how did this get here. He says, "the flood"

A little taste of Oklahoma while scarcely mentioning the tornados.
I can second all of this. I live in Missouri..

My taid (Welsh for granddad) similarly overhead an American tourist say while looking at Conwy castle, "It's a shame they built it so close to the train line".

Sounds like American tourists just go around castles saying ridiculous things to wind us up, they aren't THAT daft... Surely.
To be fair, the railways are about the oldest thing in the US

As it seems to offend some folk on here I'll refrain from posting the highlights of the Old Firm game yesterday :D

Thought it was pretty even to be fair, it all came down to one set piece which they just can't seem to defend at all.

Considering Rangers had played on Thursday in Armenia which is a big trip & the fact that we weren't anywhere near at full strength, even though it wasn't a great performance we still managed to win the game which is the main thing in any OF game but especially the 1st one of the season.

'mon The Gers.

I watched that game, and was shocked at how bad Rangers played. I thought if 23 teams of that quality made up the Championship, North End would be league winners this season.

I watched that game, and was shocked at how bad Rangers played. I thought if 23 teams of that quality made up the Championship, North End would be league winners this season.

It wasn’t our greatest performance certainly but they’d had a a big away Euro trip on the Thursday plus a Covid outbreak that put paid to 2 or 3 certain starters.

Gary McAllister said before the game they were only sure who was available on the morning of the game.

Gerrard off to Villa then.

Alex Neil was trending last night as a potential replacement. Let's just say the comments were less than favourable.

Gerrard off to Villa then.

Alex Neil was trending last night as a potential replacement. Let's just say the comments were less than favourable.
Some seriously salty rangers fans in their Club Statement replies. Talk about gratitude

Can’t accept that Scottish clubs are going to be a stepping stone 95% of the time

Aston Villa have just announced Gerrard as their new manager…… breaking news on Sky Sports.