PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Get Your Kit Off?

Somerset Exile

Patron
Lads and Lasses in life after Lockdown and with the continued rise of tinter net shopping I was wondering how many Nobbers or Nobettes would source that quality piece of merchandise know as the Shirt online or by visiting the Club Shop for a quality shopping experience?šŸ˜‚

Just on the subject of merch from the pne shop, I got a couple of bits recently and was satisfied with the quality. Ā£12 seemed a lot for a ā€œcereal bowlā€ but itā€™s nice - and nearly big enough to be a fruit bowl!

When buying the kit I tend to like to have the shirt for the first game of the season however when I'm visiting Preston I like to go to the shop and have a look around.
Have to admit like in other posts that the variety/quality of products and online store service as a whole is a little disappointing compared to other sports teams I've ordered from or shops I've visited. (I'm a footy shirt collector)

I've always got the training shirts from the shop, and the one match shirt in the end of season sale back in 2015.
Looking forward to their new shirt, might even save up to have a number on the back. šŸ§

(I'm a footy shirt collector)
Same.

There's something about football shirts, the fabric, the designs, the feel, oh and that smell of a brand new shirt... It's comparable to petrol stations, cut grass and summer rain in terms of allure.

Wow, that sounded weird.

In all seriousness, is there a term for people who collect shirts, like how numismatists collect coins and philatelists collect stamps?

We need shut of the lazy unimaginative Just Sport contract ASAP.

The links with The Terrace is a step in the right direction but most league 2 clubs have better shops than we do.
100%, I think we should be trying to get The Terrace more involved. They've made a lower league team's shirt this season I believe (or sponsored it at the least).

I remember being in Ayrshire once on holiday and went into a Celtic club shop there. I couldn't believe the size of it - it was like an ASDA. Then again, I remember going to watch PNE at Northampton and their club shop was a burger van.
I only ever go to the PNE club shop if I happen to get to the ground early to kill some time but it is pretty rubbish tbh.

Same.

There's something about football shirts, the fabric, the designs, the feel, oh and that smell of a brand new shirt... It's comparable to petrol stations, cut grass and summer rain in terms of allure.

Wow, that sounded weird.

In all seriousness, is there a term for people who collect shirts, like how numismatists collect coins and philatelists collect stamps?
'Shirt collectors' is a term I often use.
Not to be confused with 'Full kit wankers'.

I have got to be careful here..... I used to know the guy that played Deepdale Duck about 25 years ago...

Was he the drunken duck ??

100%, I think we should be trying to get The Terrace more involved. They've made a lower league team's shirt this season I believe (or sponsored it at the least).

Banbury and some other one I don't recognise. I just saw a replica of an Oxford one I think, the sponsor was Wang. What a name!