PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Get Your Kit Off?

We need shut of the lazy unimaginative Just Sport contract ASAP.

The links with The Terrace is a step in the right direction but most league 2 clubs have better shops than we do.
Portsmouth have signed a new deal with Nike/Just Sport but they’re getting bespoke Nike kits this time, no templates.

Would be open to Just Sport again if they did same with us.
That being said, one of the new Nike kit templates for this year does look good, one not so much.

Don’t get me started on this..... the hierarchy at North End commercial nouse I could put on a pin head . Cheap tat with a North end logo on it. Cotton of v dubious quality it’s like cardboard once washed. Etc etc..., If you wouldn’t wear it - don’t try to sell it.... they should raise the quality and type of merchandise - and slightly less profit margin / then you’ll have something you’ll be proud to wear. How unimaginative are the selection of old shirts - etc etc

Portsmouth have signed a new deal with Nike/Just Sport but they’re getting bespoke Nike kits this time, no templates.

Would be open to Just Sport again if they did same with us.
That being said, one of the new Nike kit templates for this year does look good, one not so much.
I've noticed Preston and Portsmouth have had the same kit templates as each other for the last few seasons, maybe not the 888 Sport year. I wonder if Preston are getting a bespoke one then....

Interesting and positive move to see the club reintroduce the 10% discount for the shop for season ticket holders.

Now it's time for just sport to sell something worth buying. 😉

Same.

There's something about football shirts, the fabric, the designs, the feel, oh and that smell of a brand new shirt... It's comparable to petrol stations, cut grass and summer rain in terms of allure.

Wow, that sounded weird.

In all seriousness, is there a term for people who collect shirts, like how numismatists collect coins and philatelists collect stamps?
Not a clue on a name however there's a decent community on Twitter.

There is also still the odd narrow minded group that mock us for it. Can't please everyone.

Interesting and positive move to see the club reintroduce the 10% discount for the shop for season ticket holders.

Now it's time for just sport to sell something worth buying. 😉
it would also be good if their childrens sizes didnt stop once a child leaves pre school !!!!

Their 'so called' child sizes wouldnt fit my slim 11 y.o. hence having to buy adult sizes at mark up prices..... WE DIDNT BUY!

Has the shop ever asked the paying public what they would like to see being sold? It would make good commercial sense to sound out the people who can make or break your enterprise.

Same.

There's something about football shirts, the fabric, the designs, the feel, oh and that smell of a brand new shirt... It's comparable to petrol stations, cut grass and summer rain in terms of allure.

Wow, that sounded weird.

In all seriousness, is there a term for people who collect shirts, like how numismatists collect coins and philatelists collect stamps?
Agreed. One of my favourite ways to wind up my wife is when walking past a sports shop to loudly comment “I’m just going to pop in here to sniff the football shirts”

Not a clue on a name however there's a decent community on Twitter.

There is also still the odd narrow minded group that mock us for it. Can't please everyone.
Any good people to follow?

I follow a bloke called Slatsman who posts ridiculous numbers of shirts that he buys. Must be wadded to afford them and his collection must be worth a fortune

Has the shop ever asked the paying public what they would like to see being sold? It would make good commercial sense to sound out the people who can make or break your enterprise.
No but I suggest taking a look at what Bristol City have launched this morning, think its a clothing collection.
Yes it might not be for everyone, I don't think I would purchase those products if I was a Bristol fan just because its not the sort of thing I wear but its a lot more daring, exciting, attractive to the tripe we are selling currently.

When our kit is released you always get the smart arse remark of "I'll go and buy that top for £5 from Sports Direct and iron on the North End badge and Sponsor" it irritates me so much but it is 1000% correct! Thats all they do when it comes to our kit and merchandise. Just bulk buy a load of stuffed bears, t-shirts, polos, babygrows etc that somewhat resemble the club colours, slap the club crest on it and increase the price by £10+ quid sorted ergh.

Any good people to follow?

I follow a bloke called Slatsman who posts ridiculous numbers of shirts that he buys. Must be wadded to afford them and his collection must be worth a fortune
@The_Kitsman
@TheShirtUnion
@TheShirtMan_

These are all good follows for me.

I tend to buy shirts at the end of the season when they go on sale. £50+ for a shirt is a bit ridiculous and the only club I like giving that sort of money to is North End just because I feel it can somewhat benefit the club (Probably not but hey-ho)

@The_Kitsman
@TheShirtUnion
@TheShirtMan_

I tend to buy shirts at the end of the season when they go on sale. £50+ for a shirt is a bit ridiculous and the only club I like giving that sort of money to is North End just because I feel it can somewhat benefit the club (Probably not but hey-ho)
Thanks I’ll have a look.
Yes I wouldn’t buy directly from a club that isn’t North End. I’m the same reluctant to give another club my money even though it probably goes to the supplier not the club as they have those set deals. I only have a few shirts really and have got them all on eBay

When our kit is released you always get the smart arse remark of "I'll go and buy that top for £5 from Sports Direct and iron on the North End badge and Sponsor"

To be fair, I am that smart arse, except I get Prokit to do it instead. This year's away and third kit were stock templates, available blank for £17, probably £25 to get it with a vinyl transfer badge, the home shirts are technically bespoke because of the colour combo.

Bangor City my birth city team also are wearing the Nike Trophy IV shirt but a stock template, so I saved about £30-40 plus the cost to get a number on the back.

However, because it's Preston and the city has a special place in my heart, I may, if the kit is worth it push the boat out.

Wish we’d sack off Nike and go with Hummel. They’ve custom made every shirt they’ve created this year, putting actual thought into making it representative of the club they’re creating it for. Bet Boro fans wish they’d got rid of 32red cos this kit would look great without it IMO.

@The_Kitsman
@TheShirtUnion
@TheShirtMan_

If only that were true. I believe the Just Sport (Nike) deal meant they paid the club a set amount each year regardless of shirt sales etc and JS run the shop on their own. So, sadly, more shirt sales would only result in Just Sport pocketing the extra cash.