PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Glasgow Rangers Fans

I think you'd have got just as much shit if you'd worn Celtic gear...... I'm 58 and I've never come across that sort of religious bias in Preston and I've lived here all my life. In fact I'd suggest that in general ( dicks aside ) the vast majority don't give a toss one way or the other.
I got a load of shit one Friday night in Preston wearing a Motherwell shirt. The thick bstrds thought it was Blackpool!!

I got a load of shit one Friday night in Preston wearing a Motherwell shirt. The thick bstrds thought it was Blackpool!!
I was back living in Preston for about 7 months around 5 or so years ago and was in Checker taxis wearing my North Sydney United jacket (the team I played for) and Crazy Pete was in there (a bit worse for wear) and thought it was an Arsenal jacket. He started having a go, not in a violent way, but soon quietened down when I told him he was wrong and I was a Nobber.

Pretty revealing that one can't tell a Motherwell from a Blackpool shirt, but still tries to have a go... ;)
That particular shirt was a bit darker than usual but still had a Motherwell badge on it, a claret band on the front and Motorola as the sponsor. I wished I’d been drinking what they’d been on!