PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

GMP

There are always issues with those bridges at that stadium which sadly the GMP seem incapable of policing.

How reassuring GMP are investigating themselves. I’m sure the outcome will be that they are satisfied no unreasonable force was used. This is what happens when you give thugs a black uniform and big sticks to hit people with. It takes you back eighty years!!!!

There are always issues with those bridges at that stadium which sadly the GMP seem incapable of policing.

It's lucky I took a diversion across the car park and went my normal route down the canal further down.

I've no idea why they insist on policing it this way when with all the games I've seen there, there hasn't been an ounce of trouble between PNE and Wigan fans.
It's lucky I took a diversion across the car park and went my normal route down the canal further down.

I've no idea why they insist on policing it this way when with all the games I've seen there, there hasn't been an ounce of trouble between PNE and Wigan fans.
What a disgrace

North End fans came down the canal and crossed the bridge. All was placid until the inevitable meeting just before the crossing.

Police were stewarding it well in fairness, North End and Wigan were crossing at the same time and no issues bar the obvious victory chanting.

Further on it got a bit more tasty. Lads were squaring up but didn’t actually see any fists thrown. The usual, happens every local away game.

Waves of GMP then arrive in vans and round up North End fans pushing them towards one direction, all standard stuff up until this point.

From then on, I’ve never seen policing like it. Batons, abuse, fists. Men, women and children targeted. Rounded up, beaten and as the video proves abused.

Thank goodness someone has caught this on video. Random people picked off and battered. Not just that but at one point everyone rushed from behind and hit with batons.

The police in general do a great job in preventing trouble. I’m telling you right now, the policing from GMP today was barbaric.

Not quite true, I was on the steps going onto the bridge when one of our bell ends launched a smoke bomb into the crowd behind me, it hit a woman on the shoulder.

GMP SS Division: We are aware of a video in circulation following the Wigan v Preston game at the DW Stadium.
We will investigate the incident ourselves and, of course, it will be a total whitewash.
Hitler's henchmen.

Not quite true, I was on the steps going onto the bridge when one of our bell ends launched a smoke bomb into the crowd behind me, it hit a woman on the shoulder.

One of a few Wigan fans on Twitter stating it was Wigan throwing flares

I get your point but does that equal the beating issued and other points raised?

That ‘still’ of the video posted above by Mr Meeseeks is a very telling one. Note how the fans on the floor with hands raised in a non-aggressive and almost submissive manner. Will not help the officers justification for such force whilst on top of them.

If those fans had done something to warrant being pinned down - fair enough, but no further force should be used. A person’s natural reaction will be to protect themselves in this situation because the other issue is positional asphyxiation.

How many years has this shite been going on at that bridge.
GMP need to sort their shit out
Today was another fiasco

Update on the Barnsley lad :-

Turns out that lad is 16 and judging by the image above - very lucky to be alive.

That article also goes on to mention the actions of GMP. With SYP, it’s that bad, their coppers assaulted one of their own senior officers who was off duty with his wife whilst passing through the station on a match day.

How the hell do some of these idiots get through selection?!

Turns out that lad is 16 and judging by the image above - very lucky to be alive.
That is a serious wound. Shocking behaviour

Is there any angle that actually shows contact made with the baton? Could he have not just hit his head (still the officer at fault)

There’s another video on there that shows what happens after the strike. The lad goes down, the copper follows and strikes him again!

Gives more clear context - the lad getting hit throws a punch at another lad in a scrap. Just as that happens, the copper allegedly runs 50 yards and then lands a full force blow to his head.

Now the two lads are in the wrong for scrapping, but it does not warrant an uncontrolled baton charge with a strike to the head - the last place of resort if life is at risk from their actions.

There’s another video on there that shows what happens after the strike. The lad goes down, the copper follows and strikes him again!

Gives more clear context - the lad getting hit throws a punch at another lad in a scrap. Just as that happens, the copper allegedly runs 50 yards and then lands a full force blow to his head.

Now the two lads are in the wrong for scrapping, but it does not warrant an uncontrolled baton charge with a strike to the head - the last place of resort if life is at risk from their actions.
It looks as though the lad that got cracked was the one being attacked by the other fan too. But without more context can't say what happened before. Still doesnt excuse the behaviour of the cop though.

Absolutely disgusting that, the force with which he hits his head turns the stomach and the lad could genuinely have been killed, head injuries aren't something to fuck about with.
Coppers must be dealing with as many fights in town on a Friday and Saturday night as they do at football matches, it seems like certain coppers just see football fans as fair game- normal procedure doesn't apply.

The only other place that could have caused this wound is the kerb - due to the length of the cut. However, the lad falls on to the pavement and doesn’t fall on his head. There’s also large spots/pools of blood on the path where it has fallen onto and not from contact.

The injury therefore can only have been made with the baton in this instance - again due to its nature. The sound you hear is from the baton contacting his head. Because they are retractable, they rattle when they contact something and is very obvious.