PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Goalkeeper Coach.

Only 4 goals conceded since Maxwell left. Rudd been brilliant since, coincidence or Maxwell was a bad apple?
I don't think it's a coincidence his form has improved since Maxwell left. If even half the stories about him are true he's better off not being here.

I 100% agree with you. reading between the lines, Maxy was a bit of a trouble maker.

Always preferred Rudd to him, took a lot of stick for that. I keep saying it, and will say it till I'm blue in the face. Form is temporary, class is permanent. BOTH have their weaknesses, both have strengths. If they were both fab keepers, they wouldn't be at PNE. We've been spoilt with keepers recently as a club. But I really, really like Rudd and he gets on well with the back line, which is a huge part of being a good keeper. He's also a really nice bloke to talk to as well!

He's come in for some criticism. Fair is fair, criticise when due but some of the level of verbal abuse I've heard and the shite I've seen on twitter has been appalling. Funny, not many of them who were doing it seem to want to sing his praise now.

I frigging love the bloke!

Was nice to see Rudd and Cudworth embrace at the end of the game. Was a huge performance for both player and coach and proves that they both have the ability

I'd pretty much written both of them off at this level. There was a lot of debate about who was preferable and to me the answer was "someone else". I couldn't see how either of them could be trusted after the errors we've seen earlier this season.

Whatever, something has changed, whether its to do with Mazwell leaving, Ripley arriving or something else and Rudd is going a long way towards changing my mind. Long may it continue!

I think the blossoming partnership of Davies and Storey has also led to us conceding fewer goals. The stable back line that we've had since QPR away must be great for the keeper.

That isn't to say Rudd doesn't deserve credit - the recent penalty saves, his performance last night and all round solid goalkeeping of late is promising for a strong end to the season.

This may already been answered and I missed it,,,,,, but does anyone know where Allan Kelly is coaching nowadays as his tweet about Gordon Banks said he heard the news as he left the training pitch. I thought he had finished at Everton?

Just speculating, but is it a coincidence that Fisher is playing better since Maxwell left?

Or is it because he now has genuine competition for his place in Rafferty? When a new signing is made in your position then it can go either way, and thankfully these last few games it seems to have given Fisher a much needed kick up the backside.

Fisher’s form improved drastically before we signed Rafferty and before Maxwell left. Stop looking for drama.

Fisher had a decent game at QPR. We then signed Rafferty. He’s then had a few more decent performances. Long may it continue.

Fisher put in one of the worse performances seen in recent years vs Doncaster on 6th Jan so clearly it hadn’t already “improved drastically”.

This may already been answered and I missed it,,,,,, but does anyone know where Allan Kelly is coaching nowadays as his tweet about Gordon Banks said he heard the news as he left the training pitch. I thought he had finished at Everton?

Working with Everton's under 23s, moved to that role when Unsworth left his caretaker capacity as Everton boss and went back to his under 23 manager job