PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Gods of snooker bbc one

What a great 3 part series. It’s on iPlayer now. Covers the characters of the 80s involved in snooker. At the time I didn’t really appreciate the mix of skill and characters. But now in hindsight what an amazing set of people they were. Davies, Higgins, white, knowles, Kirk stevens.. even a spotty hendry. Talent at snooker and a few of them talented at “nightlife”. Snooker was never my thing but to be so good at something and be off your head half the time takes some going..

and didn’t Davies marry a lass from Penwortham?
Yes she was receptionist at the crest hotel. I was once in the cafe above the guild hall, went for a slash, got back and Jimmy white was trying to chat my girlfriend up.

When the snooker was held at the guild hall, at 11pm (last bus time) you'd see all the snooker players on the guild hall balcony watching the busses pull out of the bus station. David Taylor (the silver fox) once told me it was because the players took bets on which number bus would be first out of the blocks off the bus station concourse and down Tithebarn Street. They were all gambling mad and huge sums of money would exchange hands.

You never here anything about female Snooker players (professional) that is? Would anything be stopping them or getting in the way of them playing the game? I am right in thinking it is a game and not a sport?🤔 Do you think they are getting a rub of the green were the game is concerned?

You never here anything about female Snooker players (professional) that is? Would anything be stopping them or getting in the way of them playing the game? I am right in thinking it is a game and not a sport?🤔 Do you think they are getting a rub of the green were the game is concerned?
There are currently two professional ladies, both with full tour cards for the next 2 years. It will be interesting to see how they do.

For a minute I thought that was a boobs joke.

But I didn't want to say anything and get this section of the forum shut down too.