Government to break international law.

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
That Slogan, about Labour siding with the EU, is yet another HUGE lie in a litany of lies. The Labour Party is siding with the good name of the British people. Upholding international law.

By creating a false slogan, writing in big letters that this is Labour actually siding with the (nasty, emotive) EU, the Conservatives hope that enough people will jump to the conclusion that Tories = Backing Britain. Labour = Backing the EU... when it is absolutely f*** all to do with it. Truth is, loads of people don't really understand/care that much, and just see the headlines.

This tactic, whoever plays it (but it is predominantly people like Johnson, Cummings and Trump) ... it is a sickener for public debate and democracy. So... not really funny. No.

Well I thought it was funny.... much like most of the rest of politics.. Surely you don't take these bent,lying charlatans seriously? You must be very young if you do. :)

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
Very nice part of the city. I once stayed for a few days @ the Stormont Hotel which is virtually opposite the avenue up to Stormont itself. Stortford will be in mourning I'm sure!

I saw a Johnny Cash tribute act at the Stormont Hotel a couple of years ago. Sat next to a local air hostess who gave us her phone number so we could get in touch as and when we moved over. I’m still not entirely sure what that was about but any lingering doubts I may have had about the move were instantly dispelled.

Stortford publicans are reeling from the double whammy of Covid and me leaving!

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
I saw a Johnny Cash tribute act at the Stormont Hotel a couple of years ago. Sat next to a local air hostess who gave us her phone number so we could get in touch as and when we moved over. I’m still not entirely sure what that was about but any lingering doubts I may have had about the move were instantly dispelled.

Stortford publicans are reeling from the double whammy of Covid and me leaving!
I imagine theyre cutting back on their profit forecasts as we speak! East Herts publicans in profit warning shocker.......still, their loss is Belfast's gain

portisheadpete

Forum Patron
Patron
Well I thought it was funny.... much like most of the rest of politics.. Surely you don't take these bent,lying charlatans seriously? You must be very young if you do. :)

You do invite despair. These charlatans hold the levers of power even if we think they are stupid. And millions are suffering or about to suffer at their mercy. The country doesnt just run itself irrespective of Govt policy, especially if its wreckless and basically inviting retribution from our trading partners. Of course its no laughing matter unless youre thick and without a care or just on a windup

Last edited:

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
You do invite despair. These charlatans hold the levers of power even if we think they are stupid. And millions are suffering or about to suffer at their mercy. The country doesnt just run itself irrespective of Govt policy, especially if its wreckless and basically inviting retribution from our trading partners. Of course its no laughing matter unless youre thick and without a care or just on a windup

And you and your compadres are completely missing the point... The reasons that I find it amusing are set out in your post above (gallows /dark humour I appreciate more than most other types) ....There's very little that you or I can do about it so what's the point " despairing "? Worry yourself into an early grave if you so wish Pete but I'll not bother joining you if you don't mind.

And btw I believe it's just one big blagg to ensure the EU will " bend a bit" because talks aren't progressing too well, they aren't renowned for being flexible are they.. ? (which is one of the reasons we left)......Whether it works or not remains to be seen.

Cheer Up fella, it's nearly weekend. :)

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
They need people like @Liberation to be amused by their antics. The more of these the better.

Another one telling me off :) ... I also think it's funny that most of us realise that many politicians don't even respect our own laws ( some of which they made themselves) but don't get all uppity about that.....In fact it's almost accepted now.Why on earth worry about International laws that are broken a thousand times a day?