Graham Alexander

What are your thoughts on his sacking? Like most Salford fans I'm appalled at the news. Looked good for promotion to League 1 this year. Still I don't suppose he & Lucketti will be out of a job for long. Perhaps back at Deepdale eventually.

What are your thoughts on his sacking? Like most Salford fans I'm appalled at the news. Looked good for promotion to League 1 this year. Still I don't suppose he & Lucketti will be out of a job for long. Perhaps back at Deepdale eventually.

Not sure this is in the right place however he’s done a fair job as a manager but is not yet anywhere near the pedigree to be managing at Deepdale. The key is to remove any previous link to the club and then consider if you’d want him at Deepdale.

sf

Advisor to the Owner
That's an expensive youth team manager.

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
ALEXANDER OUTLINES SALFORD DISAPPOINTMENT

Graham Alexander
has launched a defence of his record at Salford following his sacking this week.

Alexander was replaced on an interim basis by co-owner Paul Scholes following a 2-2 draw with Tranmere last weekend, a result that left the club fifth in Sky Bet League Two and with an unbeaten start to the campaign.

Now the 49-year-old has issued a statement via the League Managers Association, thanking the club for the opportunity but also making a point to lay out his achievements at Moor Lane.

“In our one full season, we became the only team to be promoted at the first attempt into the Football League with a record win for a final on that momentous day at Wembley, a day I will never forget,” he wrote.

“Since mid-January, we made changes to the squad to improve our chances of another promotion. Since then, the 15 games we’ve played in League Two have seen us win the second most points, with the second best defence, have the least defeats, whilst also being the highest scorers.

"In our last nine league games, five wins and three draws gave us an average of two points per game, which we know gives you a title winning total over a season. It has been a great effort from the everyone at the club.

“I am disappointed we have left after only five league games this season, without having the chance to continue that form with a squad that’s still in its infancy as a group. But we move on, satisfied that we’ve left the club with a brilliant set of players and staff that will go onto achieve the success that everyone craves.”

BeteNoir

Manager
I read somewhere that the style of play was the problem. Never having watched them I couldn't add to it, it's just what I read, seems very harsh decision as was the scunthorpe one.

wld

Forum Patron
Patron

Absolutely appalling. You’ve got Gary Neville constantly spouting off about managers getting sacked by other clubs and complaining about the short sighted outlook of many owners but then he does this. He must stand in his kitchen every morning saying hello to his kettle Mr Black.

Our owner is a huge fan of Grezza and, rightly or wrongly, I am certain he will end up back at our club.