Granada Reports' Tony Morris dies aged 57

sf

Advisor to the Owner
Sad news that, saw him at Continental Beer festival a couple of times over the years.

OP
Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
Sad news that, saw him at Continental Beer festival a couple of times over the years.
Loved his music and was often spotted watching local bands at venues throughout the region. I saw him not long ago, walking down Lord Street in Southport. Had no idea he was ill.

NorthEnd9

Reserve
Shocking, and at his age too. He was apparently a very genuine person by all accounts and always seemed up for a laugh on TV. Him and Lucy Meacock made a cracking partnership on Granada.

RIP.

cragtek

Tyrhys Dolan Superfan
Patron
I did a placement at Granada News back in the day and can say that Tony Morris was 100% the nicest man you could ever meet. As a quiet lad at the time, Tony made me feel very welcome and settled in, was constantly joking with me and everyone there loved him. A real loss, that. RIP Tony.

Muzza

Advisor to the Owner
A mate messaged me this overnight, he was a producer at ITV and knew him well. Very sad indeed. Only met him once when he came to the Conty, seemed a proper nice chap. Genuine.

I could not believe it when I read that Tony had sadly passed away.
What a man, never giving any indication he was so ill, he worked right up to the end, never showing any signs of his serious illness.
He will be sadly missed on the Granada News and what a very big gap he will leave, a lovely man and very popular with everyone.
RIP Tony, all my thoughts are with your daughters and family.

beagleman

Advisor to the Owner
Have already commented on this but just really shocked, i watched the Granada news n just assumed he was working from home. He really came across as someone you could trust or go out for a pint with.
Rip Tony and hope your family are as well as can be expected.