Grayson - Why so much animosity?

JK

The Big Boss
Staff member
Patron
Was more like the last few months than days. Despite a few big wins at home, some felt he’d given up a bit and written the season off too early. Did a good job for PNE but definitely left at the right time for us. We now have a more hard-working, tactically-sophiscated, ambitious manager.
We where actually taking about this after the Derby game when Neil spoke about aiming for the play offs.

Totally different mindset to when Grayson sacked off the last ten games in his last season.

norky84

First Team
I've nothing much against Grayson, although his exit wasn't the best way of leaving. Thankful for that day at Wembley and comfortably staying up the 2 seasons that followed. He did a good job overall.

But it was clear to me he couldn't take us any further. The lack of risks in our style of play meant we were a team hard to beat, not a team who were wanting to win from the off.

But some fans thought Grayson was the best we could have, and anyone else taking over would result in us going backwards. Even half way through last season, people were trying to claim Grayson was better than Neil. Thankfully Neil has proven them to be massively wrong so far.

kbd_pne

First Team
We where actually taking about this after the Derby game when Neil spoke about aiming for the play offs.

Totally different mindset to when Grayson sacked off the last ten games in his last season.
There was also the issue of lazy recruitment suggestions (he wanted to re-sign Browning and Baptiste) and PR basically being keener to scout / watch games than SG. Like I said, he did good job overall but when you get to trying to push on in the Championship into the top 6 you need someone fully committed with an intense work-rate towards football like AN.

Spav

Reserve
For that day at Wembley I could forgive Grayson almost anything. He just moved on when he thought it was time to do so, so problem there!

Nobber

Forum Patron
Patron
His style of football was awful. I hope we never have to endure another negative dinosaur in the future. Did a great job in stabalising us and getting us up, but it was a chore to watch. Compare that to AN, worlds apart.

Strongbow

First Team
Grayson gave me and my family the best football day out in our lifetime being PNE fans so for that I say thank you Simon ..... bit dour at times over his tenure though albeit with a decent win ratio 40% + as I recollect.