Guitars

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
That's a beauty, Paddy :love:

I keep looking for something new but can't make my mind up whether to go for a Jaguar or SG. I'd like both but that's not happening yet

I love the offsets really want a Jaguar or a Jazzmaster. This was only £70 so I snapped it up straight away

Nice Paddy
Try rubbing some fine compound auto T-Cut on the body - should bring it up nicely!

Cheers for the tip @calgarywhite

Sid Snot

Manager - East Cheam FC
Patron
@janiejones - I saw your comment pre-Xmas about White Rabbit. It's probably the only song I can play by heart so on Xmas Day I made a video. It's too large to upload to the forum so I contacted the Forum IT (Music) Department. The advice was to use 'Vimto'. I went out and bought a bottle but it didn't help. I re-read the advice; apart from a couple of 'That was a bum note you played there, Joshua' moments I think this isn't too bad a version (no vocals - you'll thank me eternally for that 😂)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nobby_Troutface

Forum Patron
Patron
@janiejones - I saw your comment pre-Xmas about White Rabbit. It's probably the only song I can play by heart so on Xmas Day I made a video. It's too large to upload to the forum so I contacted the Forum IT (Music) Department. The advice was to use 'Vimto'. I went out and bought a bottle but it didn't help. I re-read the advice; apart from a couple of 'That was a bum note you played there, Joshua' moments I think this isn't too bad a version (no vocals - you'll thank me eternally for that 😂)

Excellent that Sid. It wouldn't sound like that if I had a go at it with an acoustic in my hands!

OP
Guinness

Guinness

Forum Patron
Patron
Class that sid, bet you had a bit of cramp after that! 🤣

I've been on with you shook me all night long now for a bit, I've pretty much got the solo bang on and can play along with the record just need to learn the rest of it now. 🤣

Sid Snot

Manager - East Cheam FC
Patron
Excellent that Sid. It wouldn't sound like that if I had a go at it with an acoustic in my hands!

Class that sid, bet you had a bit of cramp after that! 🤣

I've been on with you shook me all night long now for a bit, I've pretty much got the solo bang on and can play along with the record just need to learn the rest of it now. 🤣

Thank you Gentlemen.

It's the first song using barre chords that I managed to get to sound anything like the original. It consists of only two shapes - 'E' and 'A'.

(The first song I ever attempted was 'I Am The Walrus'; it sounded like a walrus in heat 😂. I never went back.)

Nobber

Forum Patron
Patron

Good stuff Sid 👍🏻