Guitars

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
I struggle with proper chords a little bit Sid. I ripped my tendon in my little finger as a kid and my left hand is slightly deformed (you can't tell unless you know about it)
I have to improvise in the way I hold the guitar and my reach isn't great. Barre chords are mostly beyond my physical capabilities until I'm up at fret seven. I can get by with majors and minor opens but diminished and maj11 chords would mean dislocating my fingers!
This answers my previous comment. You should be OK with power chords though so just a case of playing smart

Sid Snot

Manager - East Cheam FC
Patron
I struggle with proper chords a little bit Sid. I ripped my tendon in my little finger as a kid and my left hand is slightly deformed (you can't tell unless you know about it)
I have to improvise in the way I hold the guitar and my reach isn't great. Barre chords are mostly beyond my physical capabilities until I'm up at fret seven. I can get by with majors and minor opens but diminished and maj11 chords would mean dislocating my fingers!

If it's any consolation, Nobby, when it comes to augmented and diminished chords I usually end up playing a demented ;)!!

I got a book (Alfred's Guitar Chords I think it's called) that shows how to play just about every chord under the sun in every conceivable open position on the neck (Guitar Karma Sutra). There might be a version available online for browsing.

As has been stated so often on here before - I can play all the notes in that solo of yours Nobby; just not in the same order 😂