PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Guitars

Get this one, reviews better and nice slim neck (for smaller hands)

Now this is actually cheaper than than the guitar in the bundle with it being a hard tail (will stay in tune better) so I'd be dead cheeky and give them a call and see if they will price match the bundle with the HSS (humbucker, single coil, single coil which refers to the pickups)

Watched a load more vids and there isn't much in it tbh. The kit would probably do her fine to start. She will need to upgrade the amp before she needs to upgrade the guitar!

Cheers paddy

I’m now torn between the kit or going for the guitar you suggested and that bloody orange amp also recommended earlier (especially with you mentioning upgrading the amp)
Works out same price.

Cheers paddy

I’m now torn between the kit or going for the guitar you suggested and that bloody orange amp also recommended earlier (especially with you mentioning upgrading the amp)
Works out same price.

If your daughter's guitar playing really takes off, it'll get far more complex than this 😂.

Cheers paddy

Works out same price.
I'd go with the guitar I mentioned and the orange amp. Order a cheap strap, a 2m lead, a set of plectrums and a stand while you are at it. Will probably total about £20/30 extra with those bits but you will only end up buying them later. Id suggest a tuner but if she has a smart phone there are aps that work better than most tuners!

Last edited:
I'd go with the guitar I mentioned and the orange amp. Order a cheap strap, a 2m lead, a set of plectrums and a stand while you are at it. Will probably total about £20/30 extra with those bits but you will only end up buying them later. Id suggest a tuner but if she has a smart phone there are aps that work better than most tuners!

And some headphones...don't forget the headdphones!

Excellent point. My ex thinks I'm weird cause I'm buying Lola a decent recorder and harmonica and a drum kit to have at mine. Just gonna fill the house with a variety of instruments until she settles on one.

That's a great idea. She might be brilliant at one of those, or even many of them.

I hope she takes well to any of them Paddy, playing an instrument is a great outlet.

Cheers paddy

Works out same price.

It is a quality little amp, and remember the Blackpoo lot pride themselves on being tangerine not orange! 🤣

I buy 30 of these at a time from China for less than 2 quid each I give them away as a freebie to customers.. They are really convenient, they just clip onto the headstock.
Clip on tuner

she has a clip on tuner for her wooden guitar, assume it’ll work on an electric?

also she says she needs a capo/kapo is this true or is it just some sort of cheating thing.

she has a clip on tuner for her wooden guitar, assume it’ll work on an electric?

also she says she needs a capo/kapo is this true or is it just some sort of cheating thing.
It will work yeah. A capo is helpful as it changes the key. I have only ever used mine on my acoustic but no harm in getting one.