PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Guitars

Starting to get a lot smoother now with the bends and little solos. I'm a nightmare for muting strings that shouldn't be muted though. šŸ¤£
My bar chords are atrocious on the acoustic. Wondering whether to change the grade of strings.

My bar chords are atrocious on the acoustic. Wondering whether to change the grade of strings.

Always a more difficult technique. Lighter strings will give you less 'body' in your playing; experiment with the lightest grade of electric strings on your acoustic?

A guitar instructor from years back said his playing was better when he worked out regularly with weights; arm and hand strength much improved.

Always a more difficult technique. Lighter strings will give you less 'body' in your playing; experiment with the lightest grade of electric strings on your acoustic?

A guitar instructor from years back said his playing was better when he worked out regularly with weights; arm and hand strength much improved.
My right hand gets loads of exercise. I may have to change techniques.

I currently have three guitars. One electric two acoustic. Iā€™m toying with changing one acoustic to nylon strings as Iā€™ve started dabbling a bit in classical.

Lighter strings will certainly help but I'm embarrassed to say I virtually gave up on full barre chords years ago. There are ways around them - partial barres, as I use on chords like F and Bm, and by liberal use of the capo to allow you to play 'easier' chords.

I use the extra light strings on my accoustic and super slinkys on my electric... dont seem to have a problem playing with either of them.

I'm on with Johnny b goode at the moment, think I've got it cracked after a few weeks concentrating on just that.

Found it a decent little song for me to progress as requires a few things that I haven't had a great lot of practice with and has to be played at a decent speed.