PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Guitars

Gretsch Electromatic

Or

Fender Stratocaster/telecaster?

Next month I’m gonna get one 🤔
I’d get a Tele Nobber. Most playable guitar I’ve ever owned. If you decide to get one, get one with single pickups like the original ones. I think the humbucker ones compromise the sound a little.
Any of those three choices would be great though. Fantastic guitars 👍🏼👍🏼

I’d get a Tele Nobber. Most playable guitar I’ve ever owned. If you decide to get one, get one with single pickups like the original ones. I think the humbucker ones compromise the sound a little.
Any of those three choices would be great though. Fantastic guitars 👍🏼👍🏼
I do like the telecaster.

Had a couple of Fender acoustics, but never an electric.

But I’ve always wanted a Gretsch, or a Rickenbacker.

What to do, what to do.......

I don't, but my old man is a guitarist, bloody good one too. Makes his own guitars etc. My uncles are guitarists, my son is a guitarist. Got him a lovely Gibson electric ukelele for his birthday.
Me, I could never be arsed. I'm a techno boy really.
Love my techno. The two actually go well together

I enjoyed that Nobby (y).

Chords will be easy for you I'm sure.
I struggle with proper chords a little bit Sid. I ripped my tendon in my little finger as a kid and my left hand is slightly deformed (you can't tell unless you know about it)
I have to improvise in the way I hold the guitar and my reach isn't great. Barre chords are mostly beyond my physical capabilities until I'm up at fret seven. I can get by with majors and minor opens but diminished and maj11 chords would mean dislocating my fingers!