PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Guitars

I struggle with proper chords a little bit Sid. I ripped my tendon in my little finger as a kid and my left hand is slightly deformed (you can't tell unless you know about it)
I have to improvise in the way I hold the guitar and my reach isn't great. Barre chords are mostly beyond my physical capabilities until I'm up at fret seven. I can get by with majors and minor opens but diminished and maj11 chords would mean dislocating my fingers!
This answers my previous comment. You should be OK with power chords though so just a case of playing smart

I struggle with proper chords a little bit Sid. I ripped my tendon in my little finger as a kid and my left hand is slightly deformed (you can't tell unless you know about it)
I have to improvise in the way I hold the guitar and my reach isn't great. Barre chords are mostly beyond my physical capabilities until I'm up at fret seven. I can get by with majors and minor opens but diminished and maj11 chords would mean dislocating my fingers!

If it's any consolation, Nobby, when it comes to augmented and diminished chords I usually end up playing a demented ;)!!

I got a book (Alfred's Guitar Chords I think it's called) that shows how to play just about every chord under the sun in every conceivable open position on the neck (Guitar Karma Sutra). There might be a version available online for browsing.

As has been stated so often on here before - I can play all the notes in that solo of yours Nobby; just not in the same order 😂

Next investment

How is everyone getting on with their learning and development?

Started lessons again last night to start to fill in the gaps in my knowledge and bring all the little bits together that I know.

Started on Travis picking, really looking forward to this.

Started lessons again last night to start to fill in the gaps in my knowledge and bring all the little bits together that I know.

I need to do that too, but I fear I'm too thick.

I'm both thick and stupid....but God loves a trier....Trying to learn G Code and Fusion 360 software for the CNC and laser engraver I've just picked up. Anyone know CNC programming?

I'm both thick and stupid....but God loves a trier....Trying to learn G Code and Fusion 360 software for the CNC and laser engraver I've just picked up. Anyone know CNC programming?

Sorry, Cal, not me either.

(Got any nieces or nephews under the age of 10? They're your best bet 😂)

I actually have a mate who might be. He builds pedals too and is interested I building guitars so there might be an opportunity for a skill swap.

Let me check in with him

I wouldnt Fret about it too much

Thanks guys,
Getting there slowly but surely. Managed to run the first toolpath of a fretboard build so I'm celebrating every small victory . The good news is that I can now produce laser engraved wooden custom beer mats to be used during said celebrations......

Creativity is alive and well, eh 😂