Happy Halloween

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
309554_233011883424697_533224463_n.jpg

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron

Many years ago I had an American girlfriend. I shared with her my thoughts on Halloween as a foul American import that was infesting the UK. She, being a smart arse, showed me the history of Halloween which it appears we exported from the Gaelic corners of Britain and Ireland to the USA. I did say I didn't give a toss and didn't want it back but to no avail....

Sepp Blatter

Liz Truss Groupie
Patron
Many years ago I had an American girlfriend. I shared with her my thoughts on Halloween as a foul American import that was infesting the UK. She, being a smart arse, showed me the history of Halloween which it appears we exported from the Gaelic corners of Britain and Ireland to the USA. I did say I didn't give a toss and didn't want it back but to no avail....

Don't have Halloween here, so I have a night free from little shits wearing crappy costumes - although many would argue that my face is a permanent and very scary Halloween mask.

FredElseFlyer

Forum Patron
Patron
Best one I heard was that a chap I know plans to wrap up Brussels Sprouts in old Ferrero rocher wrappers and hand these out if anyone calls?

WIBG

Banned
I remember when I was a kid my dad giving those chocolate buttons you get for dogs to any kids who were Trick or Treating.

Was funny at the time I suppose.

dirk pnemouse

Youth Team
Miserable twats , we trick or treated donkeys years ago , all this its an American thing is akin to shouting humbug at christmas , ffs a few quid on sweets people would rather complain

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron
Best one I heard was that a chap I know plans to wrap up Brussels Sprouts in old Ferrero rocher wrappers and hand these out if anyone calls?

my sister did this a few years ago, boiled them till they were soggy, then dipped them in chocolate and re wrapped them.

The kids wouldn't touch them as they thought it was a trick, so I unwrapped one and ate it without so much as a flinch, then they all dived in......:D

Preston1880

Forum Patron
Patron
Really busy everywhere last night. On the streets, house parties, town etc.

The fact that it fell on a Friday this year probably had something to do with it but, I've never known such a build up and resulting turnout. Choc a block everywhere.