PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Happy Halloween

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
309554_233011883424697_533224463_n.jpg

Many years ago I had an American girlfriend. I shared with her my thoughts on Halloween as a foul American import that was infesting the UK. She, being a smart arse, showed me the history of Halloween which it appears we exported from the Gaelic corners of Britain and Ireland to the USA. I did say I didn't give a toss and didn't want it back but to no avail....

Many years ago I had an American girlfriend. I shared with her my thoughts on Halloween as a foul American import that was infesting the UK. She, being a smart arse, showed me the history of Halloween which it appears we exported from the Gaelic corners of Britain and Ireland to the USA. I did say I didn't give a toss and didn't want it back but to no avail....

Don't have Halloween here, so I have a night free from little shits wearing crappy costumes - although many would argue that my face is a permanent and very scary Halloween mask.

I remember when I was a kid my dad giving those chocolate buttons you get for dogs to any kids who were Trick or Treating.

Was funny at the time I suppose.

Miserable twats , we trick or treated donkeys years ago , all this its an American thing is akin to shouting humbug at christmas , ffs a few quid on sweets people would rather complain

Best one I heard was that a chap I know plans to wrap up Brussels Sprouts in old Ferrero rocher wrappers and hand these out if anyone calls?

my sister did this a few years ago, boiled them till they were soggy, then dipped them in chocolate and re wrapped them.

The kids wouldn't touch them as they thought it was a trick, so I unwrapped one and ate it without so much as a flinch, then they all dived in......:D

Really busy everywhere last night. On the streets, house parties, town etc.

The fact that it fell on a Friday this year probably had something to do with it but, I've never known such a build up and resulting turnout. Choc a block everywhere.