PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

• We have been advised by our hosts there will be a period of downtime between 20:00 - 23:00 BST on Friday 14th June for server improvements.

PNE Online and PNE Flags will be unavailable for various periods during this time.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Happy New Year to all and well the time has come.

10 Days Later, just posted my 1st Negative PCR test. Still 6 days of Antibiotics to go. Had to take the Defence form to the Courts, only out for 40 minutes, felt like a life time, really drained. Wasn't like this the other 2 times I had it. In the final few weeks now before we get housed or made homeless. So if I drop off suddenly for over a week, It was the latter. Not sure how a move will go anyway as I just run down and tired. 30 minutes on PC, sleep for 2 hours. And thats my 30 Minutes. Nap time lol

Fucking hate this Country. Landlord forgot to send the how to rent book in August, realised in October and sent it. Courts not happy, may have to go back to the start and the Council have said if he does, we have to go back to the start with them. We'll find out soon, when soon is I don't know. And I can't live another 6 months out of boxes. It's just a darn leaflet, we get them every year. And who has to pay the court costs for all of this? Me.

Fucking hate this Country. Landlord forgot to send the how to rent book in August, realised in October and sent it. Courts not happy, may have to go back to the start and the Council have said if he does, we have to go back to the start with them. We'll find out soon, when soon is I don't know. And I can't live another 6 months out of boxes. It's just a darn leaflet, we get them every year. And who has to pay the court costs for all of this? eg Me.
I don't know if you have got professional help with these awful problems FCP, there is legal aid available in certain circumstances, the two organisations that may be able to offer help/advice that I know of are.
https://england.shelter.org.uk/prof...and_complaints/legal_aid_for_housing_problems
and
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/finding-free-or-affordable-legal-help/

There are also these people, don't know if they are in Preston.
https://www.lawsociety.org.uk/public/for-public-visitors/using-a-solicitor/getting-free-legal-advice

I don't know if you have got professional help with these awful problems FCP, there is legal aid available in certain circumstances, the two organisations that may be able to offer help/advice that I know of are.
https://england.shelter.org.uk/prof...and_complaints/legal_aid_for_housing_problems
and
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/finding-free-or-affordable-legal-help/

https://www.lawsociety.org.uk/public/for-public-visitors/using-a-solicitor/getting-free-legal-advice
The council have a duty to help you if you are made homeless, as long as you didn't do it intentionally (not paying the rent). They often won't help until you are actually evicted, but they will act before then, if you have physical or mental health problems, but you would be better with a social worker to help.

If you haven't already done so, contact your GP and get a referral to social services, I don't know the full details of your plight, but better late than never getting social services involved. Or one of the organisations, like Shelter or Citizen's advice who might be able to intervene.

and

Shelter - London for us, not helpful, we waiting for a slot
CAB - Can't help as its not in the legal stage
We've had help from Support through the Courts, but limited. Seems the Landlord Solicitors are the ones that messed up. Should of told him about this paperwork.

The council have a duty to help you if you are made homeless, as long as you didn't do it intentionally (not paying the rent). They often won't help until you are actually evicted, but they will act before then, if you have physical or mental health problems, but you would be better with a social worker to help.

If you haven't already done so, contact your GP and get a referral to social services, I don't know the full details of your plight, but better late than never getting social services involved. Or one of the organisations, like Shelter or Citizen's advice who might be able to intervene.
Done all this, they doing as you said despite the health issues. We have our next appointment next week with the council, but they was expecting the eviction date, so was arranging our Hotel. There are so many people facing the same issues, we stuck in the middle, there are lots further along than us, so they getting the help I suppose.

Shelter - London for us, not helpful, we waiting for a slot
CAB - Can't help as its not in the legal stage
We've had help from Support through the Courts, but limited. Seems the Landlord Solicitors are the ones that messed up. Should of told him about this paperwork.

Done all this, they doing as you said despite the health issues. We have our next appointment next week with the council, but they was expecting the eviction date, so was arranging our Hotel. There are so many people facing the same issues, we stuck in the middle, there are lots further along than us, so they getting the help I suppose.
Hopefully, now the council recognise your problem, they will keep it active and eventually will end in you getting social housing, even though there might be a period of hotel accommodation.

You should highlight your health issues, with back up from any health service documentation you have, appointment letters etc. Good luck next week, some councils are very good when it comes down to dealing with people who have health issues.

Shelter have always been shit, I worked in the homeless sector for a few years, and never understood what Shelter did for homeless people, I dealt with hundreds of rough sleepers, never met one that had any help from Shelter.

Hope you don't mind me sharing this.
FsOq7vsXgAAWec_

My little rescue, My shoulder Bird, my Companion, My sole mate Bird has sadly Passed away. She died in her favourite spot on my Shoulder. She was 26 and we had her for just over 4 years and would cuddle on my shoulder everyday from the Moment I got up to bed time. I am destroyed.

R.I.P Sparky 1997 to 2023.

I echo JoanPNE comments from other days Football CrazyP no one some be on the streets I know its just words and they won't help right now but hope you manage to sort everything out as soon as possible
Take care 👍😊

Sadly not, I am on the Streets from Next Monday. Just back from laying Sparky to rest to the news they not giving us the statutory 2 weeks. Straight for Bailiffs.

Takecare all
This makes me very sad and very angry in equal measure. This Country is a damned mess with no thought for anyone below the status of millionaire. All I can offer you is my prayers and thoughts and you have those in abundance. Homelessness is cruel and Governments and Local Authorities should be held to account for their gross negligence and absolute mess they have made whilst people like you, who don’t deserve any of it, pay the very high price. I hope something gets sorted sooner rather than later.

We got an extension until the 1st May. Landlords Solicitor pretended to just be innocent Person to see my Medical Notes I had with me. He then tried to play down the notes as many where copies as Fakes. But the Judge said he didn't need my evidence as my Doctor off his own back sent in extra evidence. The Judge gave max 42 days extension allowed by Law, but said if he could he would of scrapped the whole eviction. Also the Judge limited the amount the Landlord can claim to £481, which we can pay £15 per month. The Solicitor had a face of Thunder as the Judge blasted his tactics and told him he gave Solicitors a bad name. The Judge told him to sort out payment arrangements before leaving, but the Solicitor stormed out and refused to talk to us. So now the Landlord has to make arrangements himself via other means as the solicitor is not allowed to contact us because of his Conduct.

So a little bit of luck, but just delays it by a month.

Glad to hear there was at least bit of good fortune coming your way. Good on the Doctor for sending that evidence in and the Judge for seeing right through that shit-stain of a solicitor.

Glad to hear there was at least bit of good fortune coming your way. Good on the Doctor for sending that evidence in and the Judge for seeing right through that shit-stain of a solicitor.
Totally agree, he sounds like a right arse , messing with peoples lives !!

Totally agree, he sounds like a right arse , messing with peoples lives !!
Certainly is, I was ordered to pay minimal costs at £15 per month. But it has to go direct to the Landlord or his Solicitor. They both refusing to give bank details to pay it or communicate. Probably hoping I default. So I plan to write a letter, get the money in 50p's and record myself delivering it to his door.