PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Harry and Meghan

Dad offered the letter she sent to the paper, for money. Ironically the letter asked him to stop selling stories to the paper. Odious or not (and I think they are) no newspaper in history would have turned him down.

IF they want to be Royals with all the good things that come with it, they should follow William and Kate’s example who seem to be a couple at ease with themselves

But it appears they want the advantages but not the 'restrictions' some of us would give our 'high teeth' for those restrictions

For me Harry and Megan are behaving like a couple of spoiled Brats and there is no doubt who wears the ‘pants’ in that supplied house
So for me they can go to Africa or the USA and stay there anytime they want
I wouldn't go and see them if they were going past the end of our road on their way off

[QUOTE="sussexrob, post: 3535526, member: 3139".He was banging on about shooting wildlife yesterday saying how bad it was but then does not worry about shooting deer game ect here[/QUOTE]

There are too many deer in this country and they have to be culled, this is a fact. They can then be eaten, just like eating beef except they have led a free natural life before slaughter.
This is totally different to shooting rare animals for trophies, unless you are a militant vegetarian or vegan or something and call all meat murder. Are you?
Now I don`t know if it was a fake minefield scene in the sense that he couldn`t have died after one step but I doubt Diana did that either. They are both raising awareness abroad to get more help so innocent people over there and their kids might have a few less legs blown off.
Good on them, I think you`re just being very mean because they are Royals.

I feel very sorry for royalty. By no fault of their own, they were born into it and although privileged, their private lives are far from it with every step, word and action scrutinised by us plebs.
Those that become part of the circus by choice should shut up and not complain when coming under the microscope.

Harry’s claim: that his family ‘basically cut me off after the first quarter of 2020’

What actually happened: Charles funded him to the tune of £4.5 million in the financial year 2020/21.

Somebody please ‘basically cut me off’.

Harry’s claim: that his family ‘basically cut me off after the first quarter of 2020’

What actually happened: Charles funded him to the tune of £4.5 million in the financial year 2020/21.

I'd happily settle with basically having a paper cut if that's the sort of sums we're talking about.

The wise words of mark twain spring to mind here for the pair of them
“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.”

Are we to believe this true, or that Robert Lacey wants to just write any old trash that will make him money?
Also what interests me is that Meghan would have any dealings with William's staff anyway, I thought each royal had their own staff?

I feel very sorry for royalty. By no fault of their own, they were born into it and although privileged, their private lives are far from it with every step, word and action scrutinised by us plebs.
Those that become part of the circus by choice should shut up and not complain when coming under the microscope.
Feel sorry for them?

Probably the wealthiest family in the country...The 'Crown' even own the mining rights to any precious metals gas and oil that happen to be discovered under your house, plus they own the seabed surrounding the UK coast.

The Queen just pocketed billions from granting rights to energy companies to build off-shore windfarms.

He’s bound to be curious, I would be. I wondered what my grandson would be like. he’s a very good looking lad actually. Some people just can’t wait to make something out of nothing,

The remarks were reported made over breakfast, in a family home - not in a speech to the United Nations. I don't think Charles should even bother refuting the claim - there's nothing to be ashamed of unless it was said in a derogatory way.

Meghan and Harry need to come out and make a direct accusation that it was racist (or they believed the intention was racist.) OR they need to come out and say that it was all within the realms of acceptable curiosity - that I think most grandparents would have about family features and traits. There is no middle ground now.

All this insinuation of 'lowered voices' etc... it's just so subjective and means nothing when written down.

Harry and Meghan has presumably benefited massively from her interview with the book's author, and with Oprah. They cannot allow insinuation to continue. They need to jump one way or the other.

Feel sorry for them?

Probably the wealthiest family in the country...The 'Crown' even own the mining rights to any precious metals gas and oil that happen to be discovered under your house, plus they own the seabed surrounding the UK coast.

The Queen just pocketed billions from granting rights to energy companies to build off-shore windfarms.
I don’t think that Hodgey feels sorry for their wealth , but more the fact that everything they do and say is scrutinised….. money isn’t everything and I know that I wouldn’t like their lifestyle.

^^^. exactly. It's strange in that they have such privilege but such suffocating responsibilities. I would not want to have had the life they've had.

I don’t think that Hodgey feels sorry for their wealth , but more the fact that everything they do and say is scrutinised….. money isn’t everything and I know that I wouldn’t like their lifestyle.
They aren't forced to do what they do, the country would survive without them. I see Barbados will become a Republic tomorrow, removing the Queen as head of state. I am sure the country could survive without them remove some of the ridiculous privileges they have, the palaces and land, and right of ownership to the 'Crown Estate'. End the line of succession when the Queen passes, or maybe after Charles.

They could live for eternity with the wealth they have,, they don't actually rule their subjects anymore and apart from diplomatic functions they offer nothing, apart from as a tourist attraction. Their history will still be of major interest to tourists along with the castles and palaces that could be opened up to visitors.

I am no fan of the Monarchy and think they are a thing of the past. They do keep the Daily Mail busy though, slagging off Meghan and Harry, and hero worshipping the rest of them

They aren't forced to do what they do, the country would survive without them. I see Barbados will become a Republic tomorrow, removing the Queen as head of state. I am sure the country could survive without them remove some of the ridiculous privileges they have, the palaces and land, and right of ownership to the 'Crown Estate'. End the line of succession when the Queen passes, or maybe after Charles.

They could live for eternity with the wealth they have,, they don't actually rule their subjects anymore and apart from diplomatic functions they offer nothing, apart from as a tourist attraction. Their history will still be of major interest to tourists along with the castles and palaces that could be opened up to visitors.

I am no fan of the Monarchy and think they are a thing of the past.

You're last sentence hardly needed writing :D

I see the arguments. Personally, I think they have some significant functions that far outweigh their financial and social costs. And whilst they're not 'forced' to do what they do... they kind of are. And even if they shy away from royal life, they can never be free of many of the shackles that restrict what they can and cannot do.

You're last sentence hardly needed writing :D

I see the arguments. Personally, I think they have some significant functions that far outweigh their financial and social costs. And whilst they're not 'forced' to do what they do... they kind of are. And even if they shy away from royal life, they can never be free of many of the shackles that restrict what they can and cannot do.
Began with my father, who is from Merthr Tydfil, and he was always a bit of an 'Anti-Royalist', 'Prince of Wales' and all that. When the Aberfan disaster happened in 1966 (4/5 miles) from Merthyr, the queen couldn't be bothered to go, she turned up after 8 days because of criticism in the press., my father had no respect for her after that.

If you are ever in Merthyr Vale, take a trip to the Memorial Cemetery it is a very moving place to visit.

Aberfan Memorial Cemetery Link

Guardian Article - Aberfan

5dd59519fd9db247ad6b90a4

I am no fan of the Monarchy and think they are a thing of the past. They do keep the Daily Mail busy though, slagging off Meghan and Harry, and hero worshipping the rest of them
I’m not bothered either way, I’m neither a royalist nor an anti royalist, but I suppose if they did disband them it would stop hangers on like Meghan Markle from claiming royal status ……