PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Harry and Meghan

Whatever it is, it's part of the free press and when you let judges decide on what is good and bad for the public to hear, then we're in real trouble. But you know that.
You're the one who doesn't know what you're talking about. Of course the press should be free from government interference but that doesn't mean they are above laws, it's no different to free speech, it comes with responsibility.

Yes, all this is small beer compared to what could happen in relation to Our Next Monarch's little bruv. TBH I'm looking forward to it.

Whatever it is, it's part of the free press and when you let judges decide on what is good and bad for the public to hear, then we're in real trouble. But you know that.

I respect your posts Realistic, But I have to disagree with the constant hounding of the couple, it couldn't happen in other countries, we need a free press, not one that constantly bombards the public with the intention of making this couple look like they disrespect of the Royals and sponge off the taxpayer, and that should do as they are told and perform their Royal duties.

Harry wanted out, good for him, they did that went their own way, it is the Mail that should respect the couples choice and leave them alone.

Sure, free press is fine, even press that take political sides and are far from impartial. It isn't right to target someone because they wish to create sensationalism to sell newspapers. Tell me something they have done wrong, Harry and Meg, you could nit-pick and say that Harry said someone in the family, asked what shade of colour will the baby be...anything else?

Why not target Andrew and his dealings with Tory donors, or Charles and his titles for cash.
Free press is not fine, it's essential. As to Mega mouth (what she's done wrong lol) she's a pushy, conniving phony (actress), with a thirst for fame and mega bucks, and when prince dumbo from little England clocked her wagging her tail, she knew she'd made it.

Since then she's shamelessly exploited her position. She's also a two faced hypocrite, wanting privacy when it suits her and world wide coverage when the mood takes her and we all have to just shut up and fit in with her whims, the conniving b*tch. Can't stand her.

You're the one who doesn't know what you're talking about. Of course the press should be free from government interference but that doesn't mean they are above laws, it's no different to free speech, it comes with responsibility.
They aren't above the law. The law is the law. The issue is/was with some asshole of a judge's interpretation of the law and how that contradicts other laws.

This case is actually a lot more complicated than just a free speech issue - Meghan also used the copyright angle for protesting the publishing of the letter. Legally, that is a whole different ballgame, and usually very messy.

Free press is not fine, it's essential. As to Mega mouth (what she's done wrong lol) she's a pushy, conniving phony (actress), with a thirst for fame and mega bucks, and when prince dumbo from little England clocked her wagging her tail, she knew she'd made it.

Since then she's shamelessly exploited her position. She's also a two faced hypocrite, wanting privacy when it suits her and world wide coverage when the mood takes her and we all have to just shut up and fit in with her whims, the conniving b*tch. Can't stand her.
They are doing fine, and certainly Meghan wasn't short of a few bob and had quite a successful career, attended Northwestern University, where she majored in theatre and international relations. After graduating, she worked for the U.S embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Her acting career was on the up and besides that she was campaigning for women's rights.

She has all the contacts in the States and contrary to your beliefs that she has world wide coverage is wrong barely mentioned in the 'Worlds Press', just here and that is in the tabloids, rags like the Mail, Express and Sun, and the reporting is mainly bad press. It works though, 'the Bad Press' has you convinced she is a 'conniving bitch'

She appears to be a very sensible women who is making all the business she wants, I hope they are successful and in time, the Daily Mail move on and bother somebody else.

They are doing fine, and certainly Meghan wasn't short of a few bob and had quite a successful career, attended Northwestern University, where she majored in theatre and international relations. After graduating, she worked for the U.S embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Her acting career was on the up and besides that she was campaigning for women's rights.

She has all the contacts in the States and contrary to your beliefs that she has world wide coverage is wrong barely mentioned in the 'Worlds Press', just here and that is in the tabloids, rags like the Mail, Express and Sun, and the reporting is mainly bad press. It works though, 'the Bad Press' has you convinced she is a 'conniving bitch'

She appears to be a very sensible women who is making all the business she wants, I hope they are successful and in time, the Daily Mail move on and bother somebody else.
Very amusing, thanks ! 😂

I don't think it can be denied she doesn't struggle to make a few bob.

She does have worldwide coverage though, she is covered from America to Africa to Asia to Australasia. Maybe the Europeans don't care too much.

You can't deny that marrying a Prince has sent her into another world of stardom.

Sensible, probably. Definitely in the sense of image. I'd just label her a bloody good earner.

I don't think it can be denied she doesn't struggle to make a few bob.

She does have worldwide coverage though, she is covered from America to Africa to Asia to Australasia. Maybe the Europeans don't care too much.

You can't deny that marrying a Prince has sent her into another world of stardom.

Sensible, probably. Definitely in the sense of image. I'd just label her a bloody good earner.

She is sensible enough to get as far away as possible from that dysfunctional family, they forced Charles to marry Diana and he then trots off to his lover Camilla, they are control freaks, best move Harry and his missus could have done, flee the firm.

Interesting article here...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/03/princes-press-amol-rajan-bbc-documentary

She is sensible enough to get as far away as possible from that dysfunctional family, they forced Charles to marry Diana and he then trots off to his lover Camilla, they are control freaks, best move Harry and his missus could have done, flee the firm.

Interesting article here...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/03/princes-press-amol-rajan-bbc-documentary
You often get a better view of things from a distance where you can see both sides equally well.

This case is actually a lot more complicated than just a free speech issue - Meghan also used the copyright angle for protesting the publishing of the letter. Legally, that is a whole different ballgame, and usually very messy.
Thing is Sepp the Mail are on a continuous campaign against Harry and Meg, portraying Meghan as an evil gold digger and lair.

I actually do not support the Monarchy, and that includes the titles of the Duke and Duchess, or the Lords and Baronesses, or any of the titles that this country deems fit to bestow on crooks, tax-evaders and donors to political parties.

I thought the Mail had stopped the vendetta earlier today but I was wrong, the campaign has resumed normal service in it's latest edition.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...n-Markle-bullying-Kirstie-Allsopp-claims.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-consider-law-free-speech-Sussex-ruling.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...NFIDENTIAL-Prince-William-ban-BBC-Baftas.html

The Mail doesn't mention that when Meghan gave birth to her son. she was confined to Windsor, and the press were not invited until the Palace broke the news hours after the birth. That is highly unusual, for decades, when a royal birth is imminent, the child is born at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington, with a party atmosphere filling the entrances and Praed St with flag waving royalists, media broadcasting units and total live coverage, a real celebratory event with cheering crowds. Maybe the Royal Press office forgot to book a bed.

Also this 'Privacy thing' Meghan can't have it, but the Royals take full advantage of special privacy laws just for them.

Why do the royals keep their wills secret? To stop the public seeing just how rich they are?

Full Story Here - Guardian

Meghan telling an interviewer that ‘’her marriage to Harry was greeted in South Africa with rejoicing the same as "when Mandela was freed from prison".

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think its brilliant how, without even trying, she triggers a certain demographic. :)