PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Harry Leslie Smith

raefil;n3406439 said:
RIP Harry

Britain and the world became a poorer place in the early hours of this morning.

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1067779783726112769

Bloody Hell, that brought a lump to the throat.............

One thing really springs to mind with that... The NHS should be a cross party responsibility and not be used as a vote winner or private bank account.It's far too important.

R.I.P. Mr. Smith.

Liberation;n3406441 said:
Bloody Hell, that brought a lump to the throat.............

One thing really springs to mind with that... The NHS should be a cross party responsibility and not be used as a vote winner or private bank account.It's far too important.

R.I.P. Mr. Smith.

The speech by Bevan in Parliament as NHS comes into being:

During the last six months to a year there has been a sustained propaganda in the newspapers supporting the party opposite, which has resulted in grave misrepresentation of the nature of the Health Service and of the conditions under which the medical profession are asked to enter the Health Service.

There has been even worse misrepresentation, sustained by a campaign of personal abuse, from a small body of spokesmen who have consistently misled the great profession to which they are supposed to belong.

From the very beginning, this small body of politically poisoned people have decided to fight the Health Act itself and to stir up as much emotion as they can in the profession.

Nothings really changed has it?

raefil;n3406444 said:
The speech by Bevan in Parliament as NHS comes into being:

Nothings really changed has it?

I wasn't going to mention it but some of the comments on that thread are a bit worrying....

Liberation;n3406451 said:
I wasn't going to mention it but some of the comments on that thread are a bit worrying....

They certainly were some people never cease to amaze, for all the wrong reasons.