PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

• We have been advised by our hosts there will be a period of downtime between 20:00 - 23:00 BST on Friday 14th June for server improvements.

PNE Online and PNE Flags will be unavailable for various periods during this time.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Head 2 Head: Plastic Rovers vs The Mighty PNE

Was out in Salisbury, Rhodesia (as was) late 1972 and saw a Rhodesia v International Wanderers match.
Tony Greg played (along with Close, Erdrich, D’Olivera and others) but according to the crowd he was called “Priscilla” for some reason. 🤔
Was in Salisbury just before and just after the name was changed to Harare, I liked the city. :)

I am dreading this game more than the Lashers match. I am a Darwen lad and my friends and my sister's partner are all plastic fans. They are going to give me so much grief if we lose and I am not feeling very confident right now. I can stand a close game, but not a hammering. I know I'm being a little pessimistic, but after losing to the lashers I'm worried that our lot will not be up for it again. Woe is me.
Thank god you are in New York….. you can pretend that your wifi has crashed for a few days.

Lived in Mabelreign, Salisbury/Harare for a while. Agree nice city with fabulous food, weather, sport, people & scenery.
I was living in Zambia from 77-83. Couldn't get down into Rhodesia until it became Zimbabwe. A great country, a nice city, nice people. The food in the country was very good (nowadays I'd complain at the large portion sizes). It's a crying shame what has happened to Zimbabwe over the years.

Couldn’t care less on historic head-2-head victories, they’ve ultimately won (bought) the Premier League and we haven’t even been there.

That’s all that’s relevant in our lifetimes, and will continue to be so, until we get promoted!

We’d all swap that stat, in a heartbeat.

I think we lead the head 2 head against all the North West clubs except the Mancs and Scousers. Certainly Plastics, Lashers, Bolton, Dingles and Wigan. I've never looked into Oldham, Bury, Rochdale and Stockport.
I think you will find we are just ahead of the skanks but a couple behind the dingles.

Couldn’t care less on historic head-2-head victories, they’ve ultimately won (bought) the Premier League and we haven’t even been there.

That’s all that’s relevant in our lifetimes, and will continue to be so, until we get promoted!

We’d all swap that stat, in a heartbeat.
Yeah, it's all in the past but when we get plastics coming on our forum and giving it large, they need reminding and putting in their place.

Why call us Plastics? I never like my compadres calling you Nobbers. We are Rovers. You are North End.
Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Don't expect a defeat; I think you will scab a win. Our fans have the same brainwaves as your fans do.
Always wanting to sack the manager. Never confident about the next game. Club is in a mess. etc.etc.

As for Salisbury, Rhodesia.........A wonderful city in the 1970s. Best climate on Earth. A steady 20 to 25 degrees with blue skies every day building up to October (suicide month) when it got hotter until the rainy season starts in November. God's own country destroyed by man.