PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Headers

I think there was a stat that flashed up during the Derby game that we’ve conceded the most goals from set pieces in the league.

Just spotted thison the BBC Bolton v Preston page -

Preston have conceded more headed goals than any other Championship team this season (16), with six of their last eight goals conceded coming via a header.

Obviously something that needs working on.

Credit to Alex Neil signing three six foot plus players in Stockley Potts and Rafferty. Hope that does the trick.

I think there was a stat that flashed up during the Derby game that we’ve conceded the most goals from set pieces in the league.
Would be nice if we could score from set pieces ourselves. The Derby game illustrated our season long weakness in that aspect of our play.

Would be nice if we could score from set pieces ourselves. The Derby game illustrated our season long weakness in that aspect of our play.

I don't know what match you watching but I thought our set pieces caused Derby all sorts of problems last week. The issue was our inability to finish chances but when Gallagher was on the pitch our set pieces certainly caused a few issues.

The new signings have defiantly helped with corners/free kicks etc and give us some much need height that our teams lacks. We also scored 2 from corners/free kicks in the QPR game.

I don't know what match you watching but I thought our set pieces caused Derby all sorts of problems last week. The issue was our inability to finish chances but when Gallagher was on the pitch our set pieces certainly caused a few issues.

The new signings have defiantly helped with corners/free kicks etc and give us some much need height that our teams lacks. We also scored 2 from corners/free kicks in the QPR game.

As newcomers, you'd have thought that they would have been rather compliant in their efforts.