PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Hemmings family - time to go?

Hemmings family - time to go?

• Total voters
I suspect the fact that Ridsdale wasn't potted long ago after the Bayliss saga and the bizarre contract extensions is just a symptom of the Hemmings family's apathy towards the club. The reality is they just couldn't care less., they've got other far more important businesses to concentrate on, businesses that actually turn a profit.

Reduce the price
Let’s face it, by any normal business metric it’s worse than worthless.

Looks like death by a thousand cuts, and seems a very strange way to operate given the only potential upside is the clawback of a proportion of the outstanding (and growing) loan owing to Grovemoor. It’s a very disjointed ownership, meaning big decisions are never made. Why is Macclesfield Town the official partner of uclan? Why not take 20-25 kids released by United/Liverpool/City at 17 for a year. Give the bloody stadium a clean and a lick of paint. Heathcotes, the club shop, I could go on.

They’re all small things individually, but for what they would cost, why not just do it. What’s a new owner actually getting for their £30m? A business model (being very generous suggesting such a thing exists) which has to be ripped to pieces and a new one implemented from scratch, a league 2 style academy, no material commercial partners, and a playing staff in need of serious investment.

On top of which you have the ongoing losses which are pretty much what ownership of a championship football entails. Why would someone pay £30m for the privilege of investing a further £30-50m minimum to make the thing viable.

The asking price should be £0, alarm bells should be ringing if someone is willing to fork out £30m on this mess.

Did they not ask for 50 million? That's a huge price for pne imo. If they want to sell, 20 million surely ???
They want £30m, effectively asking someone to fund historic losses. They should just do the right thing and sell it for a quid providing the buyer puts the £30m in escrow to invest in the club. Too many vested interests though. In summary it’s looking bleak to say the least.

Unfortunately I don't keep a log of every demand made by a fans regarding transfers (weird I know) but i think if you could see past your own facetious comment that the £1.5m not spent on Callum Robinson is a fairly prominent issue amongst the fan base.
Wasn't being facetious, it was a just a question, I had a right to ask it, which I did!
An I'd say your right, i think it is a prominent issue amongst the fan base an rightly so.
The way you came across though, it just seems to me that it's like you think the fans are demanding vast amounts of money to be thrown into the recruitment policy, hence the term "millions" which was the term you used.
I beg to differ.

Let’s face it, by any normal business metric it’s worse than worthless.

Looks like death by a thousand cuts, and seems a very strange way to operate given the only potential upside is the clawback of a proportion of the outstanding (and growing) loan owing to Grovemoor. It’s a very disjointed ownership, meaning big decisions are never made. Why is Macclesfield Town the official partner of uclan? Why not take 20-25 kids released by United/Liverpool/City at 17 for a year. Give the bloody stadium a clean and a lick of paint. Heathcotes, the club shop, I could go on.

They’re all small things individually, but for what they would cost, why not just do it. What’s a new owner actually getting for their £30m? A business model (being very generous suggesting such a thing exists) which has to be ripped to pieces and a new one implemented from scratch, a league 2 style academy, no material commercial partners, and a playing staff in need of serious investment.

On top of which you have the ongoing losses which are pretty much what ownership of a championship football entails. Why would someone pay £30m for the privilege of investing a further £30-50m minimum to make the thing viable.

The asking price should be £0, alarm bells should be ringing if someone is willing to fork out £30m on this mess.
Maybe sell for 5p a share....

It is up for sale and a party has been engaged to find a buyer. Problem is there aren’t any takers at £30m for a championship club losing £10m per annum, with a category 3 academy, no commercial function, and no discernible plan or strategy.

The ownership treat the club as a burden and don’t want to fund it. It would actually be logical in some respects to give it away. A continuation of the previous strategy would cost £30m over three years while the new strategy will land us in league one with no saleable assets and an ever diminishing value. The current setup does nobody any favours.
Let's hope they don't take Euxton with them, leaving us with just Springfields.

Aye it was badly written.

Our as in the fans, the club, the owners. The ones who are not picking these players. Referring to a certain 'advisor'.
Yeah, they could've fired Ridsdale of course, instead of making him Director as a reward for years of incompetence.

But it just feeds into the general sense that they don't really care, they no doubt have bigger fish to fry in their business empire, and just want to throw negligible (for a billionaire) money at the club and let Ridsdale run it into the ground until they can get shut of it.

I have just got home from todays game feeling really angry.
Not the result we wanted after the game. We were told funding from the Hemmings has been cut by £5 million!
Callum Robinson was never an option.
Wages 27,000 per week £500,000 agent fee. Never going to be any signings last couple of weeks that involved fees.
Simply devastating news.
They really have got questions to answer.

It's obvious that their goal is to keep us as a midtable/lower table championship club by spending the minimum amount possible and it has always been the case. There has never been any sort of ambition or genuine excitement under them. I would honestly not be surprised if they didn't really care if we were relegated. They obviously do not want to own this football club any longer and have made that crystal clear through their recent actions so I expect them to cut their losses sell when the first fair and legitimate offer comes in.
Except for the fact that if we were relegated it would make the club less attractive to buy. It would certainly reduce the sale value although by all accounts there doesn't sound to be much interest anyway.

Let's hope they don't take Euxton with them, leaving us with just Springfields.
It’s Ingol that would prove a bigger problem if anyone was actually willing to pay money to acquire the club. Just another debacle overseen by the ownership and never properly dealt with. It’s rudderless and the business plan appears to consist of delegating an ever decreasing budget to senior management and telling them to work within it. It’s not working, do something different.

We have absolutely no reason to demand that our owners pump millions of pounds into the club to buy players, how many clubs actually have this. We are not a giant in the championship. We have one of the lowest average attendances and we continue to challenge.

The manager had it authorised, apparently. Not the fans.

IMG_20220901_094230.png

Except for the fact that if we were relegated it would make the club less attractive to buy. It would certainly reduce the sale value although by all accounts there doesn't sound to be much interest anyway.
And would significantly cut the Prem/EFL solidarity payments that the club relies on, by about £5m per year.

If we were relegated, we'd see a return of the sort of austerity last seen when the Westley circus came to town.

And would significantly cut the Prem/EFL solidarity payments that the club relies on, by about £5m per year.

If we were relegated, we'd see a return of the sort of austerity last seen when the Westley circus came to town.
You almost make it sound worse than the austerity we are under at the moment .....