PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Hemmings family - time to go?

Hemmings family - time to go?

• Total voters

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Staff member
Patron
I'd love one - or a few - of the 43 (11%) who have voted for The Family to remain to give their reasons why without using the phrase "we should be grateful..." within their reasoning.

Mindboggling that they can still defend The Family.

Hemmings Family Out. (HF O)

jonboy

In his latest statement CH says "to continually increase the financial deficit that the Hemmings family face is not an option. Other clubs have gone down that route and fallen into financial difficulty, including administration. We will not allow that." It would be interesting for him to name 2 or 3 clubs as examples. Chances are they have all been more successful than us in recent times and are probably at least as well placed as us, or have more potential to reach the premiership in the next few years. It's worth remembering that Bury are the last club to be expelled from the league. For some clubs, administration has actually provided an opportunity for a change of ownership and a platform for progress. IMHO £1M/ month isn't sufficient to fund an ambitious Championship Club and only new owners can provide any hope of progress. Family out for me. Before anyone claims there aren't any new ownership out there, we got within 24 hours of having a takeover ( NOT the American Tyre Kicker), but Trev scuppered the deal by trying a last minute price hike. If The Family sold it for what they paid for it, there would be plenty of takers.

In his latest statement CH says "to continually increase the financial deficit that the Hemmings family face is not an option. Other clubs have gone down that route and fallen into financial difficulty, including administration. We will not allow that." It would be interesting for him to name 2 or 3 clubs as examples. Chances are they have all been more successful than us in recent times and are probably at least as well placed as us, or have more potential to reach the premiership in the next few years. It's worth remembering that Bury are the last club to be expelled from the league. For some clubs, administration has actually provided an opportunity for a change of ownership and a platform for progress. IMHO £1M/ month isn't sufficient to fund an ambitious Championship Club and only new owners can provide any hope of progress. Family out for me. Before anyone claims there aren't any new ownership out there, we got within 24 hours of having a takeover ( NOT the American Tyre Kicker), but Trev scuppered the deal by trying a last minute price hike. If The Family sold it for what they paid for it, there would be plenty of takers.
Well I’m still waiting for all those clubs that were going to die the death from the covid years (according to PR) only Derby had problems and the chances of them going to the premiership before us are massive.

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
It's an odd statement to make, because the only way "the financial deficit that the Hemmings family face" would not "continually increase" would be if they were to reduce their annual contribution to zero.

At the current (one-off) £12m-per-year level, or back at the more usual £6m-per-year level, "the financial deficit that the Hemmings family face" would (inevitably) "continually increase" - by £12m or £6m a year, respectively.

Bobbage

Ridsdale Out.
Patron
I'd love one - or a few - of the 43 (11%) who have voted for The Family to remain to give their reasons why without using the phrase "we should be grateful..." within their reasoning.

As I posted when I changed my mind, having the vast wealth of the owners is a huge asset that we would struggle to match whoever was to take over.

I would like to see Ridsdale replaced with a younger, more savvy Director who can use those finances better and grow the financial side of the business, as well as raising the rate of return on recruitment too.

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron

He didn't write that

Madferret60

Patron

Fine- my reasoning is don’t want to end up like a Charlton, Bolton, Birmingham, Lashers etc. Splashing cash doesn’t guarantee results but does guarantee debt and with crowds our size that would come home to roost pretty quickly. Or maybe you’d like to gamble with the club’s future! There happy now!?

Fine- my reasoning is don’t want to end up like a Charlton, Bolton, Birmingham, Lashers etc. Splashing cash doesn’t guarantee results but does guarantee debt and with crowds our size that would come home to roost pretty quickly. Or maybe you’d like to gamble with the club’s future! There happy now!?
Charlton, must’ve been about 10 years in the prem. Brum, plenty of time in the prem with a league cup win. Bolton, plenty of time in the prem and Europe. Lashers, 1 year in prem that they can constantly throw in our face. All had financial issues but aren’t a million miles off us now. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us below all in the next 5 years.

Baldygit

Riddler OUT
Patron
Well I’m still waiting for all those clubs that were going to die the death from the covid years (according to PR) only Derby had problems and the chances of them going to the premiership before us are massive.
And don't forget all those players that were asking - nay pleading- to come and play for PNE

Yoowell

Patron
Ha ha! Nixons report is we have been watching Cole Stockton and Sam Smith of Cambridge. He must be on the wind up...
The report says it was Riddler who went on the scouting mission….if it’s true, what the bloody hell is he doing getting involved in any decisions regarding transfer targets.

Baldygit

Riddler OUT
Patron
The report says it was Riddler who went on the scouting mission….if it’s true, what the bloody hell is he doing getting involved in any decisions regarding transfer targets.
It was only a few days ago that the Riddler said he didn't do any player scouting.

york white

Patron
Well, beyond whether the Nixon story is true, we know the obese one was definitely at the game from other sources.

Peter in 'Peter lies' shocker? Surely not.