PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Hemmings family - time to go?

Hemmings family - time to go?

• Total voters
Right now I'd just settle for the removal of Ridsdale and the appointment of a young, ambitious DoF.

Maybe someone who has spent time abroad and has a different perspective on things. A Stuart Webber type.
I’m not so much Hemmings out (be amazed if anybody else wants to finance us) but yeah we need to re-evaluate the structure of the club and this is the bare minimum. Somebody needs to look into where the money is being spent.

Fine- my reasoning is don’t want to end up like a Charlton, Bolton, Birmingham, Lashers etc. Splashing cash doesn’t guarantee results but does guarantee debt and with crowds our size that would come home to roost pretty quickly. Or maybe you’d like to gamble with the club’s future! There happy now!?
How about the money they are spending is spent far more wisely?

There, happy now?

Fine- my reasoning is don’t want to end up like a Charlton, Bolton, Birmingham, Lashers etc. Splashing cash doesn’t guarantee results but does guarantee debt and with crowds our size that would come home to roost pretty quickly. Or maybe you’d like to gamble with the club’s future! There happy now!?
I think it’s a bit late now to worry about gambling out the clubs future.

If funds are so tight, we are they constantly pissing money all over the place on terrible decisions? Ludicrous signings like Izzy Brown, Connor Wickham, Olosunde, Jamie Thomas. Contract extensions for Josh Harrop. Blowing our wage bill for a 31 year old Scott Sinclair who's legs had gone. Not exactly wise choices for a club trying to be financially prudent.

If funds are so tight, we are they constantly pissing money all over the place on terrible decisions? Ludicrous signings like Izzy Brown, Connor Wickham, Olosunde, Jamie Thomas. Contract extensions for Josh Harrop. Blowing our wage bill for a 31 year old Scott Sinclair who's legs had gone. Not exactly wise choices for a club trying to be financially prudent.
And if reports are correct we appear to still have Peter Ridsdale acting as chief scout potentially squandering more money the ‘the family’ are pumping in.

This , all day long , and add Josh Murphy to the list, whoever sourced these players and sanctioned the deals has Questions to answer regarding their judgment and strategy , i Do wonder if Ridsdale has been challenged on this awful waste he has overseen and now as a result is having to quantify all potential recruitment with detail reports on the players and an accurate prediction of what value they will add to this group, as he appears to come across as a bit of a BS merchant he is unable or unwilling to do this as any failures will be his and he , in all his time in football , to my knowledge, has never admitted he has been wrong .

This , all day long , and add Josh Murphy to the list, whoever sourced these players and sanctioned the deals has Questions to answer regarding their judgment and strategy , i Do wonder if Ridsdale has been challenged on this awful waste he has overseen and now as a result is having to quantify all potential recruitment with detail reports on the players and an accurate prediction of what value they will add to this group, as he appears to come across as a bit of a BS merchant he is unable or unwilling to do this as any failures will be his and he , in all his time in football , to my knowledge, has never admitted he has been wrong .
He has been challenged. His response was something like, 'Howard Wilkinson, 2-in-5, I do what the management want' etc ad nauseam.

Plays the exact same system as currently, so people would moan just as much. Can’t turn this crop into world beaters whoever is manager

I'm sure you can play a better brand of 3-5-2 though. We don't have an amazing defensive record because we have amazing defenders, it's because the midfield are doing a ton of defensive work. That can still change with a manager.

And if reports are correct we appear to still have Peter Ridsdale acting as chief scout potentially squandering more money the ‘the family’ are pumping in.

So what is James Wallace doing? I don't recall seeing/hearing anything about him since he left Fleetwood for us in June. We've even let our Head of Youth Recruitment leave (to a better set up at... Fleetwood) and there doesn't seem to be a rush to replace him.

Then there's MRKT insights who, on the face of it, seem to have suggested players we were never able to sign due to Brexit. When doing a bit of digging about the company over the Summer, it seemed as though the "brains" of that company had left to work with another team the year before (think it was Sheff Utd but can't recall properly now)

Our signings/targets this Summer have all been friends of existing players and staff, or on the books at the Manager's agent.

Now Ridsdale is back on the lookout for League 1 cloggers. Seriously, what is going on?

I'm sure you can play a better brand of 3-5-2 though. We don't have an amazing defensive record because we have amazing defenders, it's because the midfield are doing a ton of defensive work. That can still change with a manager.
Maybe, but Wilder sets up almost identically to Lowe, tactics and all, at least for Boro this year. He just has much better players to do the offensive side of things

So what is James Wallace doing? I don't recall seeing/hearing anything about him since he left Fleetwood for us in June. We've even let our Head of Youth Recruitment leave (to a better set up at... Fleetwood) and there doesn't seem to be a rush to replace him.

Then there's MRKT insights who, on the face of it, seem to have suggested players we were never able to sign due to Brexit. When doing a bit of digging about the company over the Summer, it seemed as though the "brains" of that company had left to work with another team the year before (think it was Sheff Utd but can't recall properly now)

Our signings/targets this Summer have all been friends of existing players and staff, or on the books at the Manager's agent.

Now Ridsdale is back on the lookout for League 1 cloggers. Seriously, what is going on?
What is going on is that the budget is/has/will be been greatly reduced.

Seems to me that under the new regime the football staff have more scope to do what they want with the budget (the shackles are off) but there is now fuck all money to play with.

I’ve advised everyone I know who bets on football to put money on us going down this season.

I don’t like to be negative but I firmly believe we are fucked.

this whataboutary is terrible so what if rovers blackpool charlton portsmouth wigan bolton etc fell on hard times, they got there to pl fans bought the t shirt went to the big grounds anfield etihad saw the cream play for 1 or more seasons at their grounds got the feel good factor etc & the clubs went down but they survived & carried on, execpt rovers all were backed by folk with less wealth then saint trev, just think about that logically & realise fans are having their arses spanked & have been ever since saintly trev took complete control in my view ,

Seems to me that under the new regime the football staff have more scope to do what they want with the budget (the shackles are off) but there is now fuck all money to play with.

I’ve advised everyone I know who bets on football to put money on us going down this season.

Unfortunately this is also my view and if we do survive this season it will only delay the inevitable 😥

Don't get me wrong, I know we have wasted crazy money and our expenditure needed to be severely reduced. However with all the savings made over the Summer there should have been enough room to manoeuvre and get the quality RWB and Poacher we require for this team to be a success.

I think we'll stay up this year, but then sell Woodman for a profit and lose a lot of other squad members OoC. Then we are fucked.