PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Holidays, Etc - The Happy Looking Forward Thread

We have a holiday to Croatia booked for August (doubt we'll end up going) and a city break to Verona, Italy, for October (also now looking unlikely) but if we have to wait til next year, it will be our 25th wedding anniversary year so we are hoping to push the boat out and go somewhere like the Caribbean or Seychelles. I'm more of a city break person while my wife is a sun worshipper.
My targets for city breaks would be Vienna, Lisbon and Moscow.
At the moment though I'm just looking forward to nothing more than a pint in the pub with my mates.
Get yerself to Barbados........ Beautiful place, beautiful people........

We've been for the last 6 years , having originally gone for our " Once in a Lifetime " honeymoon to watch England v the Windies in 2014

Been lucky every time weve been up there, even when we went in Feb the weather was good for the time of year, when we went up in June last year my wife actually got burnt with the sun., that was in the Galloway region.

I was hoping to get away to somewhere hot and sunny in August/September but I imagine there'll be a mad rush if things start to get back to some semblance of normality, and prices will be sky-high.

We'll see.

A couple of weeks ago, I got a promotional email from the local travel agent... I expected it to say something plaintiff like "please support the travel industry at this difficult time"... But it did indeed go with the angle of "Book now for later in 2020 and 2021 before prices skyrocket"

no need for sunny's, a decent jacket and a scarf whats the problem (midges apart)

Largs in June..

IMG_8255.jpg

I can’t see this thing going away properly until this time next year.

That being the case, and as I’m in the higher risk category health wise, we will probably stay in the UK or somewhere I can get back home quick at the first sign of a dry cough and fever. Northumbria and Cornwall already booked, and hoping lockdown over by July to be able to go.

We shall have to see how or if my pension recovers before we decide for 2021.

a decent pair of shoes/boots will cover this and again a decent coat, you bloody southern softie

There's something not right when you can be sitting on the beach and swimming in the sea in June in Co Mayo and be on the same beach in August wearing a coat, hat and scarf as it rains horizontally.

My step daughter used to live near Mauchline and we flew up to see her every couple of months for about three years before she moved to Northumberland. In all that time, we only ever had one visit when it didnt piss down at some stage.....

There's something not right when you can be sitting on the beach and swimming in the sea in June in Co Mayo and be on the same beach in August wearing a coat, hat and scarf as it rains horizontally.

My step daughter used to live near Mauchline and we flew up to see her every couple of months for about three years before she moved to Northumberland. In all that time, we only ever had one visit when it didnt piss down at some stage.....

into Glasgow then the dreaded A77 death track, I am sure Rabbie Burns wife was from Mauchline, also famous for its sandstone and clock making.

Make the journey to Cambeltown on the Mull of Kintyre the beaches are fantastic and Machrihanish golf course is a beauty with the world class whisky Springbank distilled there, a cultural heaven

into Glasgow then the dreaded A77 death track, I am sure Rabbie Burns wife was from Mauchline, also famous for its sandstone and clock making.

Make the journey to Cambeltown on the Mull of Kintyre the beaches are fantastic and Machrihanish golf course is a beauty with the world class whisky Springbank distilled there, a cultural heaven
I went up last year, Fort Augustus, Loch Linnie, Ben Nevis, , beautiful.

I can’t see this thing going away properly until this time next year.

That being the case, and as I’m in the higher risk category health wise, we will probably stay in the UK or somewhere I can get back home quick at the first sign of a dry cough and fever. Northumbria and Cornwall already booked, and hoping lockdown over by July to be able to go.

We shall have to see how or if my pension recovers before we decide for 2021.

and just to back this up , the Foreign Office has just advised Brits to avoid going abroad indefinitely.