PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Holidays, Etc - The Happy Looking Forward Thread

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Patron
When this shit is all over, where are you going to go? It's not like we can spend money in Pubs, Clubs, Sport and even Holidays themselves right now so at least some savings have been made.

My 51st is 15/4 and the GF is 50 on 13/5 so we have decided to push celebrations back by 6 months to 15/10 (me) and 13/11 (her). Probably do a 3 day break somewhere but next year, I am going back, for a 6th time, to NYC. Friends there, still places I want to visit and eat in.

Maybe have a week besides a pool somewhere, too, with her and her kids.

What about you lot?

Looking like all 3 festivals we booked will cancel or shift and those flights and accommodation on Lake Garda in August aren't looking that optimistic either. There's always next year

Well our last holiday, just last month in La Palma turned into a bit of a disaster, Spanish lockdown meant 4 days in the hotel room. We normally go away in June, then one of the Greek Islands (different Island every year), in September. I'd love to think we'll still get The September holiday in, but I'm not confident.

In terms of saving money. Our car now has a fuel consumption of about 3 weeks to the litre !!! We must be saving the best part of £50 a week with not going anywhere in it. :)

Looking like all 3 festivals we booked will cancel or shift and those flights and accommodation on Lake Garda in August aren't looking that optimistic either. There's always next year

Lake Garda is outstanding. Me and wife went in June 2017, flew to Verona, Train to Desenzan del Garda, and stayed there for a week. Fantastic resort, and superb for the train. Only 90 minutes to Venice and 15 Euro, and in the other direction the same price and distance to Milan. Verona is also a fantastic City to visit.

Lake Garda itself is stunning and the ferrys will take you to all the villages along the coast. Simione is without doubt one of the most picturesque places weve ever visited.

We were dam lucky this year to be fair. The wife is pregnant with out 1st so we booked and went on our holiday early this year as she wouldn't be able to travel (nor probably want to) in the heat of summer when we're further along.

So thankfully we managed to have a week travelling around Switzerland in Early Feb before all of this Corona situation really got on the radar in Europe.

Any other year, we would have had something lined up during the spring / summer months which would now have been buggered. We're certainly counting our blessings in that regard, but it's been a real shame for many of our friends and family who've had things booked.

Lake Garda is outstanding. Me and wife went in June 2017, flew to Verona, Train to Desenzan del Garda, and stayed there for a week. Fantastic resort, and superb for the train. Only 90 minutes to Venice and 15 Euro, and in the other direction the same price and distance to Milan. Verona is also a fantastic City to visit.

Lake Garda itself is stunning and the ferrys will take you to all the villages along the coast. Simione is without doubt one of the most picturesque places weve ever visited.

Cheers for that. We are due into Verona and were planning on Venice for a day but with 7 kids to occupy we probably won't be escaping Peschiera or Gardaland very often. Hopefully return on our own to investigate further in future!

When this shit is all over, where are you going to go? It's not like we can spend money in Pubs, Clubs, Sport and even Holidays themselves right now so at least some savings have been made.

My 51st is 15/4 and the GF is 50 on 13/5 so we have decided to push celebrations back by 6 months to 15/10 (me) and 13/11 (her). Probably do a 3 day break somewhere but next year, I am going back, for a 6th time, to NYC. Friends there, still places I want to visit and eat in.

Maybe have a week besides a pool somewhere, too, with her and her kids.

What about you lot?
Whereabouts do you stay in NYC JD? we've been fortunate enough to holiday there for the last two years, Riu Plaza for us on the corner of 46th street and 8th ave.

Whereabouts do you stay in NYC JD? we've been fortunate enough to holiday there for the last two years, Riu Plaza for us on the corner of 46th street and 8th ave.
1) A friends sofa bed Manhattan 1993
2) Same friends sofa bed Brooklyn 2004
3) Same as (2) 2004. I went back again 10 weeks later, as you do.
4) Same as (2) 2007
5) Brooklyn Way Hotel, between 25th and 26th on 4th Ave, Brooklyn 2019. Tube right outside. Will stay here again next year. https://www.bwplusprospectpark.com/en-gb

Was supposed to be going to Bratislava with the lads end of June but that’s obviously going to be a no goer. First time we’ve missed our annual lads trip for at least 15 years 🙁. Then Lindos on Rhodes booked with the missus for the first 2 weeks in September. Fingers crossed for that but I’m not optimistic.

1) A friends sofa bed Manhattan 1993
2) Same friends sofa bed Brooklyn 2004
3) Same as (2) 2004. I went back again 10 weeks later, as you do.
4) Same as (2) 2007
5) Brooklyn Way Hotel, between 25th and 26th on 4th Ave, Brooklyn 2019. Tube right outside. Will stay here again next year. https://www.bwplusprospectpark.com/en-gb

That's how to do it on a budget! It's an amazing city with brilliant people we can't wait to return, they're really struggling there at the moment.

Rome and Venice should have been this years holiday, never mind.

Our 4 months in Spain this summer won't be happening. In fact, I'm not entirely confident that we will be going anywhere in 2020. Have a couple of hundred thousand BA Avios/airmiles and a similar amount of Virgin Miles so will be looking to burn them in 2021

We are not bothering at all now for this year. We have decided to put all the money saved for this year together with savings because of lock down, and go to Mexico next year. Really excited for that.
Little bit jealous there Joan. Something to really look forward to.

We have a holiday to Croatia booked for August (doubt we'll end up going) and a city break to Verona, Italy, for October (also now looking unlikely) but if we have to wait til next year, it will be our 25th wedding anniversary year so we are hoping to push the boat out and go somewhere like the Caribbean or Seychelles. I'm more of a city break person while my wife is a sun worshipper.
My targets for city breaks would be Vienna, Lisbon and Moscow.
At the moment though I'm just looking forward to nothing more than a pint in the pub with my mates.